German Infantry aerial photo / Stalingrad

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Russ Schulke
Supporter

German Infantry aerial photo / Stalingrad

Post by Russ Schulke »

I recently uncover approximately 100 new aerial photos of the Stalingrad battle never published before.

They were taken at 13,500 elevation and have some incredible detail such as vehicles columns on the road, barricade in the streets, sunken and burning ships in the Volga, countless meters of foxholes and ditches and Infantry on roads.

German Infantry on the move towards Stalingrad.

http://www.fireonthevolga.com/german-infantry-1.html

The following two photos were taken on September 17, 1942 by long reconnaissance group 3/(F)10 approximately 7 Km. from Stalingrad in the German 71st Infantry Division sector.

Russ :wink: & Anja 8) Schulke
http://www.fireonthevolga.com
Image For the last 25+ years, 95% of my free time has been directed to researching and studying the Stalingrad battle.
M.Wittmann
Supporter

Post by M.Wittmann »

SS-Rottenführer Chryostomus Schülke
1 SS Panzergrenadier Division “LSSAH” – SS Reconnaissance Battalion – Volunteer
Killed in action on 24.2.1943 at the age of 20.
Iron cross 2nd class, general assault badge, tank destruction badge (Posthumously awarded for actions on 24.2.43) & eastern front medal.
Maybe you can contact or PM Timo. He's a member also and researching the complete history of the Aufklarungs-Abteilung 1 (Reconnaissance Battalion-LSSAH) so he might have some more information :?:

Regards,
"Klagt nicht, kämpft!"

Wanted:
Info about 5.SS-Pz(Gren)Div 'Wiking' and the dutch Waffen-SS volunteers.
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Those are very nice photos, Russ. Thanks for sharing them.
Do you plan to publish them in some form? - hopefully higher resolution if possible
Russ Schulke
Supporter

Yes! www.stalingrad.us

Post by Russ Schulke »

Thank you for asking; actually I am going to offer copies of these aerials for sale, plus much, much more!

I recently registered the domain name www.stalingrad.us and sometime in the next 3-4 months I hope to launch this site.

Presently I am planning many having many different German and Russian WWII Stalingrad and Eastern front related items for sale including, unpublished private soldiers photo-albums, wehrpasses, soldbuchs, ID passbooks, dog-tags, aerials, pictures, books, maps and information related to tours my wife and I be hosting later this year to Volgograd.

My tentative plan with the aerials will be to sell full sets of the complete Luftwaffe runs over the city and surrounding areas. I have runs from as early as November 1941 to March of 1943. In addition I am planning to sell color copies of the 1942 Stalingrad Street map, damage studies of the factory districts and color series of the M-38-113, 114, 125 & 126 maps in 100,000, 50,000 and 25,000 scales. All of this is based on demand and if it is small then I limited the numbers and items listed.

Additionally, there is going to be a new Stalingrad forum similar to the www.feldgrau.net forum but directed to the Stalingrad battle. The subjects will included specific German and Russian categories such as; Unit Histories, Order of Battle, Weapons - Equipment, Translation Requests, Veterans info, Books and a section called Volgograd today with modern TV, magazine articles and newspaper reports related to the history of the battle.

As you have notice my current webpage http://www.fireonthevolga.com is slowly changing and I am directing it towards more on-line information about the Stalingrad battle including tanks, planes, equipment and specific high points of the battle. Presently it is only in a Demo mode but I hope people will enjoy the new course I am taking it and ultimately both webpages will converge into one site.

Russ
http://www.fireonthevolga.com
Image For the last 25+ years, 95% of my free time has been directed to researching and studying the Stalingrad battle.
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

I was just wanting to know how much more free info you wanted to know before you sell it?

Schultz
Russ Schulke
Supporter

?

Post by Russ Schulke »

What?