What happened with soldiers from German minority in DK 1945

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

martinholm

What happened with soldiers from German minority in DK 1945

Post by martinholm »

Does anybody know anything about the German soldiers from the south of Jutland in Denmark. What happened when Germany gave up in 1945, did they move back to Germany ?? if not taken by Danish resistans??

I am searching for my Granfather, he was born i Flensburg 07.04.1904, he moved to Sønderborg 1921, and became a Danish citizen 1931. He was probably trained as a soldier in germany. He was stationed in Aalborg with Marineartellerie perhaps enclosed as a part of the Luftwaffe 1940 - autum 1942.

I wonder what became of him..I have reason to believe he survived the war...But did he go back to Sønderborg?

Martin :?
I take great interest in ww2. And I am searching for my grandfather, who was a German soldier stationed in Aalborg, Denmark 1940 - 1942/43.

I hope to find someone who can help me to go further.
martinholm

I found news..

Post by martinholm »

Hello everyone

I went to the library today and got a bag full of books ...I found some interesting news in the book "Under Hagekors og Dannebrog" written by Claus Bundgård Christensen - Niels Bo Poulsen - Peter Scharff Smith.

The German minority in south were forced to schwitch citizenship from Danish to German when they enlisted in the German Army. The German minority was mainly enlisted to Waffen SS (90%) and the rest in the Wermacht. And some went to Totenkopf also.

My Granfather was 38 years old in 1942. I read that many from Wermacht was transferred to Waffen SS and sent to different fronts when the fighting and losses increased.. Know where did he go that summer of 1942...? Yesterday i sent af request to WAST. And hopefully they know something.

But imagine this...If he survived the war. He must have moved his family to Germany - being a German citizen. Anyway the climate in south Jutland in 1945 spelled "REVENGE" all over so - he couldn't have stayed there..

Martin
I take great interest in ww2. And I am searching for my grandfather, who was a German soldier stationed in Aalborg, Denmark 1940 - 1942/43.

I hope to find someone who can help me to go further.