can someone tell me what this says

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

douglas5102

can someone tell me what this says

Post by douglas5102 »

I have tried the german to english online but it won't translate "231/II Völkerrecht Sammlung zwischenstaatlicher Abkommen für die höhere Führung" I have a cover that lists feldpost 16659 it identifies train station commanders office II 231 as well as train station officer 231 and "verwendungzeit" again the on-line translator can't read it.

the postmark says Frankenberg (sachs) and the letter code at the bottom is a "m" which is Konjggratz where ever that is. Can someone help me out?

Also feldpost 02875 the webpage that I was given only covers feldpost #'s 10 000 and up.
also this postmark that site won't tell where it is, "gottingen 2".

I appreciate the help I have gotten so far.
:D
douglas5102
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Re: can someone tell me what this says

Post by B Hellqvist »

douglas5102 wrote:the postmark says Frankenberg (sachs) and the letter code at the bottom is a "m" which is Konjggratz where ever that is. Can someone help me out?
Should be "Königgrätz".
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

Verwendungszeit is something like "usage time" - time in which something can be used.
Not sure how that fits in here.

The translation of the other phrase is something like 231/ II International law Collection of intergovernmental agreements for the High Command and would appear to be some kind of military regulation published pre-1945.

Try this link where it is mentioned:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?p=530136

Königgratz is now somewhere in the Czech Republic (Hradic kralove) and was the scene of the Prussian victory over Austria in 1866.

HTH
Regards

Howard
Quax der Bruchpilot
Supporter

Post by Quax der Bruchpilot »

University bibliotheque. School of law -> International law -> collection of inter -state treaties