Central indian horse, Skinner's Horse and Guides cavalry

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Eduard
Supporter

Central indian horse, Skinner's Horse and Guides cavalry

Post by Eduard »

Do you know the equippement of these two regiments during their employement in north africa as Reconaissance cavalry reiments of the 4th and 5th and 10th indian infantry divisions...

I'm a bit confused about them: truks, carriers, carriers indian pattern or armoured cars....

They had organic machineguns or anti tank guns, mortars...

They were, as so often happened within the 8th army, employed frequently detached to other units maybe just one squadron or so...

Thank you

Eduard
raj-rif

Post by raj-rif »

Central India Horse where the divisional reconnausance for 4th Indian Division from august 1940 until april 1942 and then again from february 1944 until march 1946.

in there first stint they were equiped with armoured cars (we have mention of Marmon Harrington in our records) though later in the war we have them equiped with White Scout Cars.
" it was proper we should wear eagles upon our shoulders. for only birds could reach the heights we did or visit so many lands"

" JO HUKAM"
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

The Guides Cavalry Regiment had Humber armoured cars (MkIII I think) at June 1942. But I have precious little extra info to offer I'm afraid.
Thanks. Dave.