German Helmet help...

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Brigadefuhrer_Grim

German Helmet help...

Post by Brigadefuhrer_Grim »

Can anyone help me? I got a german helmet, and I wan't to know where it's made and when. And maybe additional info if someone have some.
I got some pics.

"0/0250/062[?]2 RBNr. - 1943"

"EE64"

"5017"

64nA
------
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

quite interesting it is made in 1943 thus it should be an m42 but i cant see much of a rim on it, maybe im just not looking hard enough
more info i know... EF also can be marked FS (earlier war) is by the Emaillierwerke A.G. in the city of Fulda

here is a photo and some plant info http://www.german-helmets.com/FULDA%20PHOTOS.htm

if i am wrong please tell me

-Willie
"Gott Mit Uns"
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Willhelm Gruber II wrote:EF also can be marked FS (earlier war) is by the Emaillierwerke A.G. in the city of Fulda
Well mine is marked with EE, it look's like an F, but if you look closely you can see the end of the bottom line of an E. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

i think its an F
"Gott Mit Uns"
ssgrick

Post by ssgrick »

Just dropped in and got interested. Your right. It is E.F.64 and if I read the other numbers right, it is a 64 shell with a size 57 liner (7 1/8). Hope this helps. Have a good one. :D
The only stupid question is one not asked.
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Willhelm Gruber II wrote:i think its an F
Hey! I think you'r right, after studying it for a little, I can see it's a Fulda helmet.
ssgrick wrote:Just dropped in and got interested. Your right. It is E.F.64 and if I read the other numbers right, it is a 64 shell with a size 57 liner (7 1/8). Hope this helps. Have a good one. :D
Is it possible to have a larger liner in a 54 shell? Cause my head dosn't fit in my helmet, sadly enough.
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

If you are a WWII living history reenactor it is important that you find a helmet shell size that will fit your head. Incorrectly fitting helmets generally have the appearance of looking too small on a person's head. For this reason it is absolutely essential that you use the size chart below to determine which helmet shell you need for proper fit. Wartime German helmet shells come in five different shell sizes of which only one or two liner sizes will fit.
for a size 64 shell size 57 liner is standered u may be able to fit a size 58 in there but it depends how big your head is..... this is NOT recomended as tampering with an original helmet in anyway will decrease its Value EMENSLY...

give me your head size (in inches or CM) make sure is comfortable (add 1/2 an inch or a CM or so) untill the tape measure is comfortable around your head and i will tell you what size Shell you need

what do you want to use it for if its for reenacting DONT use originals they are too valuable, instead you can pick up a Repro from one of my mates for very cheap with Very good quality
"Gott Mit Uns"
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

quite interesting it is made in 1943 thus it should be an m42 but i cant see much of a rim on it, maybe im just not looking hard enough
the m42 was called the 'razoredge' because it had no rim.

does your friend have a web site for his repros? i will (nothing will stop me!) become a reenactor one day and if they're cheap, i might buy one. the only repros i've seen are wayyyy beyond my price range at 250 euros.

cheers
Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

http://www.ww2militaria-kcs.com/

he also has stuff on ebay, he may be in Hong Kong but i can tell you it is very good quality and very cheap, i have bought several items off him
"Gott Mit Uns"
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

I usually buy my stuff at Militaria-net.co.uk, they got some good looking repros.

M36:
http://militaria-net.co.uk/oscommerce/c ... cts_id/612

Paratrooper:
http://militaria-net.co.uk/oscommerce/c ... cts_id/640
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... 9f74084ba8

i am sooo in! (except i kinda have no money)

oh well,
Dragunov
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

if you buy one let me know how good they are, Keith (who owns the site i posted before) has good ones for the same price... i know they are good cuz i have one
"Gott Mit Uns"
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

noone makes m-42 repros, that sucks.

not likely i'll get one, but ill tell you if i do