Alpine Flower Kragenspiegeln of 24th SS Kaerstjaeger

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

panzermahn
Associate

Alpine Flower Kragenspiegeln of 24th SS Kaerstjaeger

Post by panzermahn »

Hi,

I read from Siegrunen #72 that there is actually an alpine flower kragenspiegeln that was issued to the members of the 24th SS Karstjaeger Division. THe chapter noted that this spiegeln was issued on autumm 1944 but members saw it as a downgrade from the Siegrunen collar patch.

I have been doing a research on spiegeln of the Waffen SS for some years (in collaboration with an author on a book on WSS collar patches) and this is the first time I had came across the spiegeln of the Karstjaeger. I was wondering if anyone had seen any pictures of this collar patch being worn.

Thanks and regards
Panzermahn

P.S. I always thought that the Celtic Cross kragenspiegeln of the Charlemagne Flak Batterie 33 was the holy grail of all Waffen SS collar patches..
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Panzermahn!

Was the Kragenspiegel of the 24. SS... similar to that of the 22. SS...? Here's a photograph of SS-Sturmbannführer Anton Ameiser who recieved the Knight's Cross on 01.11.1944 as a SS-Hauptsturmführer commanding SS-Reiter-Rgt. 52 of the 22. SS-Freiw.Kav.Div. "Maria Theresia" during the fighting in Hungary.

Anton Ameiser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_SS_Vo ... ia_Theresa

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Hello Panzermahn!

Was the Kragenspiegel of the 24. SS... similar to that of the 22. SS...? Here's a photograph of SS-Sturmbannführer Anton Ameiser who recieved the Knight's Cross on 01.11.1944 as a SS-Hauptsturmführer commanding SS-Reiter-Rgt. 52 of the 22. SS-Freiw.Kav.Div. "Maria Theresia" during the fighting in Hungary.

Anton Ameiser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_SS_Vo ... ia_Theresa

Regards,

Krollspell
Hi Herr Doktor,

Thanks for your reply but I am sorry that the collarpatch worn by the Maria Theresa SS Division members are not alpine flower. It's a cornflower (the favourite flower of Austro Hungarian Empress Maria Theresa).

Alpine flower collarpatch is a flower with some elongated petals. I don't have scanner to scan the picture(drawing) from Siegrunen 72. I try to take a photo of it and post it here in a few days..

Regards
Panzermahn
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Ah, Cornflower vs. Alpine flower!

Well, the search continues... It would be interesting to see your schan/photo of the drawing of the Collar patch in question!

Regards,

Krollspell
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Ah, Cornflower vs. Alpine flower!

Well, the search continues... It would be interesting to see your schan/photo of the drawing of the Collar patch in question!

Regards,

Krollspell
Hi Doktor Krollspell,

I had taken the photo but I don't how to upload in into Feldgrau....

Need your advice in this....

Thanks,
Panzermahn
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Hello again Panzermahn!

What you must do is to scan the photos so that you'll have them on you Harddrive. Then you must post them on the Internet. There are several free Websites for this. I usually use http://www.photobucket.com for this purpose. When you have the photos in your account on Photobucket, you just copy the specific photograph's URL.

Having done this, you log in to the Feldgrau Forum and when you post/reply on your own (or anyone else's thread), you just paste the URL, then you highlight it. Now you press the box that says Img and your URL should look like this:

[img]thepastedURL[/img]

Regards,

Krollspell
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Hello again Panzermahn!

What you must do is to scan the photos so that you'll have them on you Harddrive. Then you must post them on the Internet. There are several free Websites for this. I usually use http://www.photobucket.com for this purpose. When you have the photos in your account on Photobucket, you just copy the specific photograph's URL.

Having done this, you log in to the Feldgrau Forum and when you post/reply on your own (or anyone else's thread), you just paste the URL, then you highlight it. Now you press the box that says Img and your URL should look like this:

Regards,

Krollspell
Hi Doktor,

Thanks for the advice.

I uploaded it into my account.

What do you think?

Panzermahn
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Sorry for the grainy picture. My handphone camera is only 1.3 megapix.

Photo is taken from Siegrunen 72#.

Thanks and regards
Panzermahn
drapeau noir

Post by drapeau noir »

Hi,

The flower is know as Karstditel, Cardabella or Cardo Carsico.
There are no known pictures of that tab worn and seems like it has been used by very few KJ members for a very short time.

Cheers
T
panzermahn
Associate

Re: Alpine Flower Kragenspiegeln of 24th SS Kaerstjaeger

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Drapeau Noir,

Do you have any sources that mentioned the troopers of SS Karstjaeger Brigade wore this collar patch?

Thanks
Panzermahn
drapeau noir

Re: Alpine Flower Kragenspiegeln of 24th SS Kaerstjaeger

Post by drapeau noir »

Yes, Vets sources, please check the book Karstjaeger! by Nava\Corbatti Ed. MADM.