2 Books, one I think is excellent

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

waffendb
Supporter

2 Books, one I think is excellent

Post by waffendb »

About the new book concearning the 24th Panzer Division in stalingrad:
http://www.leapinghorseman.com/

Btw, I found a book title about the Finnish Volunteer Battalion. It's name "Dritte Nordland". Have anyone read or know about this book?

Thanks.
Why do we care about german militaria? I can't answer that when someone asks. Do you?
Uncle Joe
Enthusiast

dritte nordland

Post by Uncle Joe »

Dritte Nordland is a photo book by Olli Wikberg. A4 format, 256 pages, hardcover. Photographic quality is good but due to a stupid decision to cut cost glossy art paper was not used. A pity since the pics are otherwise of high quality.

BTW, the Leaping Horseman book isn´t new anymore since it was published over a year ago. The book is excellent.

Jukka
Wiking5th
Contributor

Post by Wiking5th »

I agree with Uncle Joe on both counts. Both books were welcome additions to my Eastern Front book collection. I would recommend both to folks that want a more in depth look at these two topics. Good books on the Finish participation are hard to find. This helped to fill that hole. Leaping Horseman to me was a whole new take on a subject that is proablely the most written about battle of the Eastern Front. Excellent accounts that defintely were not rehashing of previous works.
Wiking5th
Das Reich
Supporter

Post by Das Reich »

Does anyone have any good books they reccomend on The Winter War between Finland and Russia?
Wiking5th
Contributor

Post by Wiking5th »

Everette Books just sent me an update today that had two out of print books on the Winter War. t is at the office, but you could check their webb site. One is reported to be the best written on the subject.
Good Luck,
Wiking5th
Das Reich
Supporter

Post by Das Reich »

Got a link to their site or a phone # for their business?