Posting photos - need help

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Posting photos - need help

Post by Rudi S. »

Hi,
I am at a loss how to post a photograph in a message. Could anyone, in plain words, explain to me how to do it? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
BTW, I do have a scanner and I can send copies of pictures by e-mail.
Thanks in advance,
Rudi S.
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Hi Rudi,

unfortunately one cannot upload pictures on the forum since Jason has disabled that function. It is only possible to post pictures from other sites. I recommend you to post the pictures on another forum (where you can upload pictures) and then post the pictures from there. A good site might be http://www.thirdreichforum.com, feel free to ask me about any further help, you can also find helpful people at that forum.

Best regards/ Daniel
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

This feature isn't actually disabled, inorder for me to allow uploading of photos I have to physically rewrite some of the script that runs this forum. I have the code to do this but I simply have not had the time to sit down and do it. It takes a lot of proper setup to rewrite sections of the forum as I run into the possibility of overwritting additions I've already made that are unique to the site. I will be adding this feature, just not right now. If anyone needs help uploading photos to post on the site let me know and I can provide the space until it is done through the forum itself. After I am finished working on the database of divisional histories I will work on getting a photo upload feature added to the forum.
BrianC
Supporter

Hi Rudi

Post by BrianC »

Hi Rudi, hope you are well, just wondering do you have some pictures to post, if so i would love to see them if you feel like sharing any you have, many thanks.
Brian.