Georgia Bataillon MusterRoll/ Festung Den Helder Vets/Urgent

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

alan newark
Supporter

Georgia Bataillon MusterRoll/ Festung Den Helder Vets/Urgent

Post by alan newark »

Derar All

With the kind help of Feldgrau contributor CG, and with the reasonably swift response of the Dienstelle (WASt) in Berlin, I recently acquired the 'Buch' of the 822nd Georgia Iinfanterie Bataillon. The 'Buch gives the names, and, often, the regimental numbers and birthplaces / dates of transfer to the Bataillon of all 246 German personnel but only about 60, mostly difficult to read, Georgian names.

WHERE ELSE, therefore, apart from the NKGB -NKVD-SMERSH archives in Moscow, might there be a complete listing of all 768 Georgian personnel?

Records of the SD-GESTAPO /Feldgendarmerie / Medical Units / Wilhelmshaven KRIEGSMARINE HQ Personnel Administration records/ Records of the (thank you WBW) FESTUNG DEN HELDER Fortress Cadre/ Eastern Ministry / HEER ?

Anyone know how to contact Festung Cadre vets ?

Please, all, let's put our collective wisdom on this and see what we can unearth?

Best....Alan Newark
www.dpcamps.org (1st Vice-President)
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

Hi,

Did you contact Texel 1940-1945? It's a small museum about the Georgians and their rebellion in 1945. They acquired a small collection of those guys, and I think they still have some contact with some of the Georgian vets of the 822e I.D. Their adress:

LMT & Texel 1940-1945
Postweg 120
1795 JS De Cocksdorp
Texel
The Netherlands

Alex Dekker