burials in Ireland

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
Chelski_03

burials in Ireland

Post by Chelski_03 »

Anyone know if any Luftwaffe or U Boat crews are buried in Ireland ? and if so where ?
John Kilmartin
Contributor

Re: burials in Ireland

Post by John Kilmartin »

Hi chelski,
There is a link in the forum world war I thread Re: U K's German War Dead cemetery and German POW s on Raasay that indicates that they were all reburied in a single burial ground in England.
Cheers ,
John K
' Strip war of the mantle of its glories and excitement, and it will disclose a gibbering ghost of pain , grief, dissappointment and despair'
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

Chelski_03 wrote:Anyone know if any Luftwaffe or U Boat crews are buried in Ireland ? and if so where ?
The German Cemetery at Glencree (about 4 km west from Enniskerry) you will find 134 graves from German Soldiers. 6 WKI - 128 WWII.

Have a look at our site for names, dates and further information.

Richard
Chelski_03

Post by Chelski_03 »

Richard Schoutissen wrote:
Chelski_03 wrote:Anyone know if any Luftwaffe or U Boat crews are buried in Ireland ? and if so where ?
The German Cemetery at Glencree (about 4 km west from Enniskerry) you will find 134 graves from German Soldiers. 6 WKI - 128 WWII.

Have a look at our site for names, dates and further information.

Richard
Thank you Richard for the information.
Cherrio, for now.
Chelski_03

Post by Chelski_03 »

John Kilmartin wrote:Hi chelski,
There is a link in the forum world war I thread Re: U K's German War Dead cemetery and German POW s on Raasay that indicates that they were all reburied in a single burial ground in England.
Cheers ,
John K
Hello John, Thank you for letting me know about the German war graves in England. I am just getting to know how to use a computer, so I hope I am doing this properly. All the best. Chelski .
Cherrio, for now.