Greetings and a question

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Greetings and a question

Post by Me-109 Jagdfleiger »

Hello to all who read this,
My Name is Jonathan, I am a college student Majoring in Law Enforcement Aviation and am a big military collecter and history Buff,and the reason for this post is because I am the related to several men who have served in the Wermacht, Luftwaffe, and the Waffen SS, I found this sight while surfin the internet and spend several hours reading the previous post's and biographies of several of the vets. I would like to request some information on some of my relitives (There's a Few :shock: ) The first would be my Great Grandmother's brothers Martin,Talka, Christian, Englehart and Harm Pollman, Martin was in the SS and the rest to my understanding where in the Wermacht and served on the eastern front all of whom survived the war, The others would be on my Great Grandfathers side, Rudolf "Rudi" Rademacher who was a fighter ace who served with Jg.54 and JG.7,he was awarded the Knights Cross and ended the war with 126 victories with between 8-16 in the Me262, and finaly Karl Rademacher he was also awarded the Knights Cross and served with 6./Grenadier-Regiment 45, Thank you for taking time to read this and I plan on geting to know a few of you, and finaly a big thank you for all of those who have served past and present,
Attached is a Photo of Karl Rademacher and Rudolf Rademacher
Image Image
Jonathan
Cheers Jonathan,
Only the spirit of attack borne in a brave heart will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.

— General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe.
Mansal D

Re: Greetings and a question

Post by Mansal D »

Well my dear friend Jonathan, I want to first welcome you to these great forums. As you've seen there are great swaths of information at your disposal and some very nice, helpful people that make it a great place to be!

As for your relatives, I must say you have a very honorable family! From what I've found your grandfather Rudolf "Rudi" Rademacher was a Leutnant in 1./Jg54 and received his Knights Cross on September 30, 1944.

As for Karl Rademacher, I see he was ranked Gefreiter and was awarded his Knights Cross on May 4, 1944.

I see another Rademacher but his name was Emil (perhaps a distant relative) who was also in the Luftwaffe, was a Gefreiter in Falschirmjäger-Pionier-Bataillon 1 "Hermann Goering" and received his Knights Cross on February 23, 1944.

About your other side in the Wehrmacht and SS, I can't really go off just those names. If you had any other information I could find more about them etc.

Best regards,
Mansal
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

Also if you speak a bit of German you can understand some of this on JG54:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... JG54-R.htm
Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Hello K-98_man,
Thank you for your kind words, Thanks for the links and the info, Ive been researching Rudolf Rademacher for a few years know seeing as he is "more" famous than my other relitives, I unfortunely do not have any other informaton about the Pollman Brother's other than it could be spelt with two n's (Pollmann), according to my grandfather one of them lost a foot however I cannot remember who, I also recall him talking about one of them escaping from the Russian's and making it back to the German Lines :shock: , BTW I like your name, The K-98 is by far my favorite rifle, I own a 1944 ar, and have shot a six hundred yard match with it :D ,
Cheers
Jonathan
Cheers Jonathan,
Only the spirit of attack borne in a brave heart will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.

Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Hello,
since my last Post, I have Sent off a request to (WASt) In order to get a copy of Rudolf Rademachers records here is the english translation of the letter i got from them today..

" Honorable Mr. Pondish,
The (WASt) as authority Berlin is subject to the data protection-legal regulations of Land. Fuer our authority became special at 29.09.1994 data personal of the citizen of Berlin senate the regulation over the processing with the German agency fur the notification of the next members of falling former German Military issued and to 09.09.1994 in law and official gazette No. 15.50 Jahrgeang, page 107, published.

Therefore certificates may be conveyed over the Militardeinstzeit only to the getting express takers concerned personally, at authorities or to the survivors relatives, it are that, it are present an authority of the who power member or the survivor In order to be able to work on their request and/or your inquiry the request accordingly, I need following further information and documents of them a declaration of consent and/or an authority of the concerning, in the death declaration of consent and/or authority of the naechsten members The faith clinging proof that the concerning died e.g. by death certificate After receipt I arranged immediately further As a precaution I point out you that the machining time of your inquiry can amount on up to 10-12 months "

My Question is What am i supposed to do now, I have not spoken to the relities of mine who still live in Germany, so I have no means of producing a Death Certificate and such, Any advice? :?
Sincerly, Jonathan
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

As I understand, you could send away for the death certificate and also prove that you are family or that the
next family has given consent?
Annelie

Thats kinda what i got out of it, but like I said im not sure how to go about doing either of those tasks, expecialy since Rudolf Died in 1953... So i was hoping some one here would have a idea or two that ight be of assistance,
Jonthan
Cheers Jonathan,

Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Jonthan, you yourself can get a copy of his death certificate. What is wrong with sending away for it?
Its a step in the right direction. Doesn't take that long either.
Annelie

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my last post, I dont have a problem sending a request to get a copy of his death certificate, im just not sure who i need to contact to do so, is there a central location to contact in Germany to obtain a death certificate :?:
Jonathan
Cheers Jonathan,

Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Hello, Just figured id give this a bump and ask if anyone could find any more info or had an idea to help me in finding a way to obtain a death certificate, im kinda at a stand still
Thanks,
Jonathan
Cheers Jonathan,