"Competition" entry?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Richard Murphy
Supporter

"Competition" entry?

Post by Richard Murphy »

David,
In reply to your post on the "off-topic" forum;
Sorry Richard, I shouldn't have picked on you. I thought about it and decided it was the thread itself I found offensive, moronic and an invitation to racist, simplistic analysis. In fact, I think this thread is so stupid, I'd delete it if it appeared in the "Forum Heroes" section as being unworthy of the readership's intellect. So Richard, I apologize. You tried to honestly answer a thread that is probably the most idiotic I've ever seen on Feldgrau/Soldatenheim. I will in fact offer a prize of a Tamiya F-190 F-8 in 1/48th scale to anyone who can post a thread more insipid than this. Apply on the Forum Heroes forum if anyone thinks they can go one better (actually worse) than the question posed by this thread. Sincerely Yours, D
how about this:

Being as the Pope has recently cannonised the founder of the Opus Dai, a fundamentalist and secretive Christian sect, shouldn't Hitler, Himmler and Heydrich be up for sainthood for services to the Catholic Church for their attempt to rid Europe of the "bacillus" of Judaism?

(No, I don't mean it!! I would like another model to add to my connection, though I'd rather it was a Tomcat, but beggars can't be choosers!! :wink:

My very best wishes from the Park,

Rich
Commissar D, the Evil

Heh Heh Heh!!!

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Heh Heh Heh!! Saint Heydrich!? How about, for us armor types, Saint Maichael Wittman? Patron Saint of Armour and Tigers. I could picture a Medieval painting of him standing among wrecked T-34s (symbolizing his vctories over the Godless minions of Communism) while petting a Bengal Tiger!!!
I'm sorry Richard, but we could actually work with the concept of Sainthood for various Nazi types on this Forum! Nope, this doesn't top the other thread by a longshot.
Sorry it has to be an FW-190, I only recently got into aircraft models and I haven't bought anything modern except for a single F-16 (and of course, a MiG-21!
Glad to see you compete though (I think. I may have been a bit hasty about encouraging bad posts) But I do sincerely apologize for my initial tirade against your post. I know that you and I don't agree on the overall subject, but I really did react badly because I detested the proposition in the Thread's title. So look, please don't work too hard to win the prize. Very Best Regards My Friend, David :D
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Richard Murphy
Supporter

Post by Richard Murphy »

An Fw 190?
Mail me privately and I'll claim my prize!
I couldn't find a reference to an F 190 F8, but assumed you were refering to a post-war aircraft (Of which my favourite is the "flying brick")!
Failing that, how about a thread discussing what would have happened had Esso/Shell drilled for oil in the wrong place in Saudi Arabia?

:D
Rich
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Richard

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hi Richard, it's a Focke-Wulf 190 F-8, Tamiya kit #39. I'm shaky about this Luftwaffe stuff, but I believe it was the ground attack version of the A-8. By the way, don't count your chickens, it's difficult for an intelligent person to PURPOSELY invent a totally off the wall thread!
But I'm upgrading to the FW-190 D-9, so whomever wins, wins! Good Luck and Best Regards, David (P.S. I still have some doubts about the wisdom of actually soliciting inane posts. Please don't tell Jason. :D )
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....