Oberfeldwebel FRIEDERICH SCHULZ

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Derek Hicks

Oberfeldwebel FRIEDERICH SCHULZ

Post by Derek Hicks »

I am anxious to obtain any photographs (or anything else of interest) to Oberfeldwebel Friederich Schulz. Thanks in anticipation.
Derek Hicks
Oxford
England
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Derek!

Could you give some more basic information on your man, like what Branch? Unit? I would say that the name Friedrich Schulz and the rank of Oberfeldwebel is a common german name. Are we talking Heer or Luftwaffe?

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Derek Hicks

Schulz

Post by Derek Hicks »

Hi. Thanks for your response. I should have mentioned this enquiry is on behalf of a friend without a computer. I now know this guy was in the Luftwaffe and was awarded the Knights Cross. I think this award was given after a particular episode in the taking of Crete. I don't know whether this additional information will be enough to check this guy out.
You really are a "gem" as you were the very kind person who obtained information about a German Cross 'silver' holder by the name of Bedenk.
Regards
Derek
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Hello Derek!

If your Friedrich Schulz was in the Luftwaffe and as an Oberfeldwebel awarded the RK for action on Crete, I can't find him! The only two RKT that went by that name (spelled Schulz) was General der Infanterie and Schwertenträger Friedrich Schulz and then there was an Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Schulz who recieved the RK on 09.06.1944 as a Zugführer in Feldersatz-Bataillon 361 for action on the Eastern front.

That he was to have recieved the RK for action during the taking of Crete indicates a Fallschirmjäger NCO but then again, no Fallschirmjäger RKT with that name existed. The nearest match here is Karl-Lothar Schulz, a highly decorated Fallschirmjäger officer who recieved the RK on 25.04.1940 as a Hauptmann for fighting in the West, the Eichenlauben on 20.04.1944 as an Oberst on the Italian front and the Schwerten on 18.11.1944 while stilll an Oberst in Italy.
And there are no Fallschirmjäger RKT named Friedrich (or Fritz) with alternative spelling like Schultz, Schultze or Schulze...

There's a Fallschirmjäger Erich Schuster that recieved the RK on 21.08.1941 as an Oberfeldwebel for action on Crete.

Sources checked are Veit Scherzer's Ritterkreuzträger 1939-1945" (2005) and http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de

Ask your friend for more details Derek. Is he absolutely sure that it was a RK and not an EK (Iron Cross) that this Luftwaffe Oberfeldeldwebel Friedrich Schulz recieved for action during the Battle of Crete in May 1941?

Regards,

Krollspell
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

You really are a "gem" as you were the very kind person who obtained information about a German Cross 'silver' holder by the name of Bedenk.
Thanks for the kind words Derek! :D But I must say that finding that CV-like evaluation document on (such a relatively obscure officer as) Oberst Bedenk was a really lucky shot! But then again, that's the charm with the Internet as there are so enormous amounts of information out there... And the research/hunting is half the pleasure! :wink:

More regards,

Krollspell :[]
Derek Hicks

Friederich Schultz

Post by Derek Hicks »

Hi Krollspell. Thanks for your message. I've had another word with my colleague who has furnished further vital information than that originally given. Apparently the Oberfeldwedel Friederich Schultz was a Knights Cross winner (8.4.1943/45?) who served in the "Grossdeutschland Panzer Division". Thanks again for your much appreciated attention with this enquiry which I'm sure is shared even more so by my elderly friend in the next town to mine.
Regards
Derek
Derek Hicks

Oberfeldwebel Friedrich Schulz

Post by Derek Hicks »

Hi. Sorry I've been so slow getting back to you. After talking to my friend I can confirm the Friedrich Schulz who was awarded the RK on 9.6.1944 is the man he's researching. Apparently Schulz was in the Grossdeutchland Rgt. Anything else you can offer would be much appreciated (especially a photo!)
Best Regards
Derek
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

No KC-Holder with the name Schulz with GD, Sorry ...

:[]

Jan-Hendrik