9th Bavarian IR

First World War 1914-1918 from the German perspective.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Opa
Supporter

9th Bavarian IR

Post by Opa »

Here is my Opa, in World War I in the 9th Bavarian IR--Ersatz Regiment Nr. 2. I wrote a brief biography here
http://www.xs4all.nl/~aur/layout/frames ... reimer.htm

In WW II he was in the 295th Infanterie-Division.

I'm interested in contacts with others who study the 9th Bavarian IR and especially the Ersatz regiment.
Honny soit qui mal y pense!
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Opa/Thomas!

It was very interesting and also moving to read about your Opa, Erich Reimer and about his/your family in World War One. It's really great that you have this detailed knowledge (and photographs) of him ninety years later! Great Website! Thanks for sharing!

On my Austrian father's side, there exists only some few photographs and almost no information at all on family members that participated in World War One. Just that several family members did...

With best regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Opa
Supporter

Loving Oma

Post by Opa »

My Opa died when I was 7, but I was lucky to spend a lot of time with my Oma, and also save some pictures. For my father, after she died, was a run-of-the-mill new German who tossed everything to the garbage bin.

If you have any remote grand-aunt, visit her! Old people are happy when younger relatives respect their lives.
Honny soit qui mal y pense!
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello again Thomas!

My Oma and my Opa died back in the early eighties and I rarely met them when I was in my teens. Your description of your Father matches my old Man to 100% (born in 1940) when it came to distancing himself from the war generation in general and everything specific about the war in particular. I guess that this behaviour of active un-interest among the younger German and Austrian generation in the sixties and seventies was rather common.

Again, a very nice website on your family history!

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)