Stalag VII-A and Stalag XVII-B

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

CAPND95

Stalag VII-A and Stalag XVII-B

Post by CAPND95 »

I am a retired Coastie, Air Force Brat. My father wanted to publish his book on his experiences in WWII as a POW in Stalag VII-A and Stalag XVII-B but never accomplished that goal. My three brothers and I are "getting smart" on the subject in order to finish the book. I think that there must be people on this forum who could send us in the right direction.

After reading some of the posts, it looks like I am going to enjoy this forum as a regular participant.

Anyone who has contacts, info, etc. about the two POW camps listed, please send a PM or post to this thread.

I have original photos my Dad took inside the camp using a bribed camera.
John Kilmartin
Contributor

Re: Stalag VII-A and Stalag XVII-B

Post by John Kilmartin »

Hi CAPND95,
There is a book on Canadian pow titled In enemy hands by Dancocks and I know that he interviewed men who had been in at least one of those two camps. Unfortunately, the particular camps were not what I was concerned about when reading it. I'll try and dig it out and see whether he mentions both and if he gives any particular referencees other than his interviews.
Cheers,
John K
' Strip war of the mantle of its glories and excitement, and it will disclose a gibbering ghost of pain , grief, dissappointment and despair'
CAPND95

Post by CAPND95 »

After two years my brothers and I have finally completed our Dad's book. It is now available, complete with photos of life in and after the camps. You can see the book at http://www.kriegiesandgoons.com/home. This book is a must read for anyone interested in Stalag life and WWII.

We thank all of you who have helped out with this project. It is truly a product of the village.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Congratulations on seeing it through, and getting it published! Good job!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!