panzer division müncheberg

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

charlie don't surf
Associate

panzer division müncheberg

Post by charlie don't surf »

I'm looking for information about this unit? Any information, pictures, documents, names of officers etc, is welcome!

regards
Björn
Supporter

PzDiv

Post by Björn »

Hello!
Well, you should surf right into http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=3034

There is a huge pile of information waiting!

B.
charlie don't surf
Associate

That is why I'm asking about the unit. If you look through all the posts on that thread you'll find out which ones I've contributed with. Thanks anyway!

regards
Björn
Supporter

Post by Björn »

heh heh! I did already notice your contributions on that topic, but I thought it might be a different Surfin´Charlie since you already seem to have big knowledge on that unit.

B.
Richard Byrd

Hptm Zobel

Post by Richard Byrd »

I have read through the Muncheberg texts and have not noticed anyone seeming to be aware that there is an extensive piece of Zobel's story in "With Our Backs to Berlin" also by le Tissier.
charlie don't surf
Associate

thanks, I'll check that up!

regards
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Richard

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hi Richard, I was aware of Zobel's story in "With Our Backs To Berlin". Unfortunately it didn't make it into the thread, but it is a very good read.
The question is, are there any other narratives out there? All of the histories of the fall of Berlin mention a diary kept by a member of the Division, but that too was not explored by the many contributors on the Thread and it would be good to have it. I assume that Tony LeTissier has all of this stuff and may eventually write it up in some form. Best Regards, D
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

David,

Don't go and get your eggs scrambled now :wink: , though I do like mine poached.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Richard Byrd

Muncheberg

Post by Richard Byrd »

BTW, quite some way back, I posted a photo of an abandoned SdKfz 234/4 in the Missing Links Panzertalk forum. It was taken after the war and is from the Hulton Getty archive. The original caption shows it to have been taken in the Mollendorfstrasse and given this location and the rare vehicle, it is almost certainly one of the 4 from Muncheberg.
charlie don't surf
Associate

do you think you can post it here because I can't find it on panzertalk.

regards