Otto Guensche

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
eseslt

Otto Guensche

Post by eseslt »

Some information was about Otto Guensche's death 2.10.2003. He was one of AH adjutants, burned his corpse.Is it true?
Best regards,

S
r. burns

Post by r. burns »

Yes it is. Saw the obituary today. He died (Oct 2) of heart failure at age 86 in his home in Lohmar, near Bonn. This according to his eldest son Kai.
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Hitler aide dies

Post by Rudi S. »

There are, as of now, 5 more posts about Guensche's death under the subject "Hitler aide dies"
Rudi S.
BTW, I own a picture of Guensche with Otto Remer at a Veterans' meeting some 20 years ago; but I don't know how to post is.
eseslt

Post by eseslt »

Thank you. I found some information, it was honourable man.
All the best for you.
rochus

SS Obersturmfuhrer Otto Gunsche

Post by rochus »

This is very sad news of the passing away of Otto Gunsche.I had got very close with him within the last year.And I can truly say he was a man of honor,and a true gentleman.I can only say the best of Otto.He was one of the greatest eyewitnesses of the third reich.He will be truly missed by me and others.My heart goes out to his family.
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Rudi's photo can be viewed at this address, just click the link.

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

Best regards/ Daniel
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Although I didn't share his political beliefs - he was more or less treu to the end - I appreciated his willingess to let me visit and interview him on a number of occasions, even once when he was in the hospital. He was a great host and facilitated my contacts with a number of other vets.

In fact, Otto Guensche was the first German vet I ever visited. He was a big, powerful guy and I always joked about the fact that when he came to pick me up at the train station, he could have picked up my suitcase in one hand and me in the other (even tho I am 6 feet myself) and carried us both to the car!

I, and a friend, were supposed to visit him on Oct 5. When I called his house on Oct 4 to reconfirm, I got the sad news. I'm sorry I didn't get to visit him one last time since he had been unavailable on two previous trips.

So long, Herr Guensche. RIP!
Kameraden
Contributor

Post by Kameraden »

Did Otto Guensche have any Combat experience prior to becoming Hitlers Aide???
I will show you were the Iron Crosses Grow!