Polish Resistance in World War II

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Somosierra
Supporter
Location: POLAND - The Land of Virtue and Valor: "Peior est bello timor ipse belli!"

Post by Somosierra »

Did you know that the largest underground resistance army during World War 2 was the Polish Home Army?

300,000 strong at its peak it is credited with supplying the Allies with constant intelligence information about the eastern front, providing information about the V-1 rocket in Peenemunde, the sending over to Britain of the V-2 rocket, the sabotage and destruction of German supply trains and communication centres.

It carried out the war’s largest uprising (the Warsaw Rising) which lasted 63 days. The fate of these men and women was to be hounded, often killed and deported by the Soviet “liberators”.

If you want to know more about the true facts of this extraordinary saga of the 20th century step in.

--
http://www.polishresistance-ak.org/
Gewitter
Supporter

Post by Gewitter »

I am doing a paper on this subject, do you know of any other terrific sites in English?
C. Udentz

Post by C. Udentz »

Hello Somosierra,

Yes I do know that there was some Polish resistance to German and Soviet rule.
I also know that many Poles welcomed the German Army into their country as liberators from the Russians.

Just a point of fact.

Cal Udentz.
Somosierra
Supporter
Location: POLAND - The Land of Virtue and Valor: "Peior est bello timor ipse belli!"

Post by Somosierra »

Gewitter wrote:I am doing a paper on this subject, do you know of any other terrific sites in English?
--
http://www.polandsholocaust.org/
--

Regards,
Somosierra
APOCALYPSIS IOANNIS 21, 8:
--
Timidis autem et incredulis et exsecratis et homicidis et fornicatoribus et veneficis et idololatris et omnibus mendacibus, pars illorum erit in stagno ardenti igne et sulphure, quod est mors secunda.
Somosierra
Supporter

Post by Somosierra »

C. Udentz wrote:Hello Somosierra,

Yes I do know that there was some Polish resistance to German and Soviet rule.
I also know that many Poles welcomed the German Army into their country as liberators from the Russians.

Just a point of fact.

Cal Udentz.

I am starting to suspect you are not even Scottish…
--
Timidis autem et incredulis et exsecratis et homicidis et fornicatoribus et veneficis et idololatris et omnibus mendacibus, pars illorum erit in stagno ardenti igne et sulphure, quod est mors secunda.
Landser
Contributor

Post by Landser »

In my oppinion there is quite some myth circulating about the resistance and its effectiveness.
I know first hand life in PL from 41-45 in a midsized city (about 100K) and was right alongside the
locals 99% of the time.In this region there was honestly not a trace of any resistance noticed or ever carried out.There was rumors about partisans but only from areas far away and mostly behind front lines.As a German you were safer to roam the streets of PL at nights than nowadays the locals feel in some countries.

Where ever it happen it was'nt quite as some want to believe it!
Example: France where the majority
supposedly are "Resistance" fighters during the war!
Somosierra
Supporter

Post by Somosierra »

Landser wrote:In my oppinion there is quite some myth circulating about the resistance and its effectiveness.
I know first hand life in PL from 41-45 in a midsized city (about 100K) and was right alongside the
locals 99% of the time.In this region there was honestly not a trace of any resistance noticed or ever carried out.There was rumors about partisans but only from areas far away and mostly behind front lines.As a German you were safer to roam the streets of PL at nights than nowadays the locals feel in some countries.

Where ever it happen it was'nt quite as some want to believe it!
Example: France where the majority
supposedly are "Resistance" fighters during the war!
You know, you heard, you have information…

Just write names and point sources.
--
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Guys,

It is worth pointing out that although the Polish Home Army claimed 300,000 members, it could arm only half of them.

Chers,

Sid.
Paul Timms
Supporter

Warsaw

Post by Paul Timms »

Landser's post aside, the AK did launch by far the largest single Resistance operation of the war. It wasn't very safe walking the streets of Warsaw in August '44.
Somosierra
Supporter

Post by Somosierra »

There are no words to describe Polish effort in WWII, there are even no comparisons to some “powers” (France) – without Poles and Poland Germany would won the war and Adolf Hitler becomes the master of the World.

In Polish (but “readable”)
--
http://whatfor.prv.pl/
--
Regards,
Somosierra.
--
Landser
Contributor

Post by Landser »

Somosierra wrote:There are no words to describe Polish effort in WWII, there are even no comparisons to some “powers” (France) – without Poles and Poland Germany would won the war and Adolf Hitler becomes the master of the World.

In Polish (but “readable”)
--
http://whatfor.prv.pl/
--
Regards,
Somosierra.

:D :D :D

Nice Try!
Btw: What are you smoking?
WOW must be powerful stuff they're peddling now in POLSKA!
Somosierra
Supporter

Post by Somosierra »

--