Rudi Salvermoser?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Freebooter

Rudi Salvermoser?

Post by Freebooter »

Hello all,
I have not been any WWII boards in a long time, but there was a German veteran named Rudi Salvermoser that used to post here and/or elsewhere and I even corresponded with him a time or two. Is he still around?
Thanks,
Dave
One Shot, One Kill!!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Rudi Salvermoser?

Post by John P. Moore »

Dave/Freebooter,

What an thoughtless post! If you had used the search function or even looked a little more closely on this page you would have found a topic where you would see that Mr. Rudi Salvermoser is "still around". (Actually a thread that you started back in 2009!) I have to say that I find it to be in extremely poor taste to go around asking if elderly veterans are still alive or presuming that anyone who reaches the age of 80 must be dead or close to it. You might be surprised to know that there are still quite a few WW II vets out there, not only Germans, who live well into their 90s and remain fairly active. However, they make very judicious use of their time, preferring to spend time with their families and hobbies, rather than to come on these sites where they are repeatedly asked the same blöd questions or insulted.

John Moore
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

John,
Are you a moderatior? I did not mean it that way. I have not been on here for ages until recently and was just wondering if anyone was still corresponding with him, etc., because I really liked him and want to get back in touch with him. We corresponded for a while and had some interesting conversations he and I. And of course I know that there a lot of WWII vets still around. I have an 86 year old Uncle that is a vet of the Pacific Theater of WWII and I appreciate him and all veterans. I myself was in the Army and then Marines in Early '70s. Have you served? Do you think I am not aware of veterans, how many there are, how they are passing away at a daily rate, etc.. My father and other uncle, both WWII vets are gone! My father fought through WWII then lost a leg in 1950 in Korea. I appreciate vets John, So I don't think it was thoughtless. But I find you offensive. I have not been on this forum since '09 probably, not sure, and you come back at me with those cracks of yours trying to make me feel bad. You are bordering on being a rude smart ass.
One Shot, One Kill!!
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

John,
Furthermore, as for that crack about same old questions or insults! You have no idea what I might've wanted to talk to him about. I did not mean if he was dead or alive, but if he was still posting. Yeah, I could have checked the search thing, but beings as it has been ages since I have been on this forum, I thought I would just post a question about good ol' Rudi. And as for veterans, again, I knew a lot. Growing up all my friends dads were veterans, from both theatres. They are all dead now except for Uncle John. I appreciate veterans much more than you might think.
One Shot, One Kill!!
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Enough said on this topic, gents. Let's cool off and move on. Dave, I think contacting Rudi by PM might be the best way to go; I am sure if he has the time and feels inclined to talk to you, he will.As far as we know, Rudi is still alive and kicking. Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Rudi Salvermoser

Post by Rudi Salvermoser »

Thank all of you for your concern.
I am still OK - now living in Florida, about 2 miles (straight line) behind the Disney World Castle.
I just celebrated my 87th birthday and still feeling alright (though, I still miss good old Texas).
Auf Wiederhoeren,
Rudi
Freebooter

Post by Freebooter »

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!! Lebe hoch!! I hope I got that right Rudi. I was saying happy birthday, live high! My best regards old friend!
David Edelen
Alabama
One Shot, One Kill!!