Unknown paper work

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

jerrys

Unknown paper work

Post by jerrys »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and wish you all the best for the New Year. I have just got my hands on a German map case that was owned by a Lt Macfarlane fron 2btn Gordon Highlanders.He went throught Holland and into Germany in 44 and 45.The case has loads of paperwork some from the Gordons mine laying info movement orders etc, and even more German paperwork.I'm linking some scans of images as I'm having problems identifying what they are any help would be appreciated.This is only a few Items at present I don't want to flood the page with request for help. Cheers jeremy

I have managed to find some info on this image it seems to refer to there baracks in Blerick
der alte Landser
Supporter

Re: Unknown paper work

Post by der alte Landser »

Hello: The typewritten document at the top is a casualty report. It says:

Reserve Hospital Apolda, 3 September 1943

Obergefreite Albert Kögler was wounded in Russia on 13 July 1943. His injury was a penetrating shrapnel wound to the left hand, causing fractures of the proximal phalanges, 3rd and 4th fingers, without severe dislocation. Hospital release in 2-3 weeks followed by 4-6 months classified as garrison service in the homeland.

Staff Doctor
(signature)

PS - I had to look up G. v. H. in Kriegsprache, by our own Tom Houlihan. :wink:
Last edited by der alte Landser on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerrys

Post by jerrys »

Thanks for that info it's great to know what it's about, Attempted translation online but doesn't work very well.

cheers jeremy
der alte Landser
Supporter

Document #2 looks to be a preliminary approval of an application from the architectural institute in Wuppertal. It's from the director of studies and says that documents that Kögler submitted met the entrance requirements for the school. It's asking him to submit documents attesting to his (1) health and (2) proof of his racial purity.

The last paragraph says he needs to produce birth- and marriage certificates for his parents and grandparents. If he doesn't have these documents, he is to provide proof of ancestry.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

And to add something too: the last one is a map of which schoolbuildings were used :wink: by the 3. Ausb. u. Gren. Ersatz btl 306, or, in English, the 3rd training Grenadier batallion. This was a unit atteched to the 211. Infanterie Division. This batallion was in Venlo from 17 - 7 - 1943 till september 1944. After this period it was used as a Walküreeinheit and send towards the front.
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
der alte Landser
Supporter

Document #3 looks to be a form authorizing Kögler to take part in a selection test at the Architectural school on 14 April 1943. He is supposed to punctually arrive at the school's business office at 8 am and bring along 10 Reichmarks for the exam fee and an additional 3.20 Reichmarks for the form to substantiate his ancestry if he hasn't already submitted this fee. The fees will be collected prior to the exam.

The area in the middle where you see handwriting says that he still needs to submit his proof of ancestry (Ahnenpaß)

He's to bring along several sheets of graphing paper, writing instruments, and a plotter. Exam results will be published the following day.

The last paragraph says that if he cannot attend the exam, he should contact the school beforehand. Otherwise, he is still liable for the fees if he doesn't appear.

At the bottom of this document is Kögler's name, and the Feldpostnummer 29182D. Maybe someone can identify this unit based on the date of the document, 22 March 1943.
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Stab I Infanterie-Regiment 306
(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 306
(10.2.1943-23.8.1943) Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment 306, u. gestrichen
(10.11.1944-Kriegsende) 21.2.1945 Wehrmacht-Streifengruppe z.b.V. 29.
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
jerrys

Post by jerrys »

This is fantastic info thanks for all the help,the paperwork I obtained also has his racial purity paperwork and technical drawing plans he had done for a house in Dusseldorf,there was a noted book with what looks like the costing for the building and all the techniques he was using in the build.Some of the written papers look to be a list of Tornistor contents,I will load more images if people are interested. cheers jeremy
charlieboy
Supporter

Post by charlieboy »

some good work their guy's, i would like to see some more, of the paper work, if the guys who translate it have the time to help.
thanks micky
der alte Landser
Supporter

Any time I can help, just post what you need translated. :up:
charlieboy
Supporter

Post by charlieboy »

hi jeremy
looks like help is standing by, lets see some more document's, as and when :D
micky
jerrys

Post by jerrys »

Hi All, thanks for the help with documents, glad to see they are of interest as well.

I suspect this is proof of race

Haven't got a clue about these two, term dates?

Is this a list of Uniform / Tornistor contents?

Cheers Jeremy
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

Please apologize my english . . .

The blue one is a genealogical ancestor chart for students.

Then there is a certificate from the director of his Architectural school that he registered for study.

Kögler asked for leave to go study but the physician writes that only the soldiers with a injury-classification II to IV can have a leave to go study.

Last one is a list of his military uniform and Private belongings.

The name Kögler is not that common en there are still live a few in Düsseldorf.

p.s. Is it possible for you to mail me a full scan of the barracks in Blerick, maybe you have more regarding Venlo/blerick? (I'm familiar with that area)
jerrys

Post by jerrys »

Hi Richard
Thanks for that info, PM sent

Cheers jeremy
jerrys

Post by jerrys »

Hi
This is a section of the allied overview map covering German positions in Venlo date Oct 44
Sorry can't load any larger image

cheers jeremy