XLVIII Pz Corps unit emblem (Stalingrad) question?

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Russ Schulke
Supporter

XLVIII Pz Corps unit emblem (Stalingrad) question?

Post by Russ Schulke »

XLVIII Panzer Corps unit emblem (Operation Blue and Stalingrad battle 1942) ) question?

Anyone recognized this unit symbol/emblem?

I just added a new photo album from a signal NCO in the 14th Panzer Division to my collection. The album starts just before the 14th Panzer Division crossing of the Don River and ends in the Factory fighting period in the Stalingrad.

I know the 14th Panzer Division is listed in the XLVIII Panzer Corps OOB for August of 1942 and this seems to correspond to the orders of photos in this album and the labeling. Actually it looks like the emblem start showing up after the 14th Panzer Division passes Kotel’nikovo but before the battles at 74 Km and Tinguta Station.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Image Image Image

http://www.fireonthevolga.com

Russ
Image For the last 25+ years, 95% of my free time has been directed to researching and studying the Stalingrad battle.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Re: XLVIII Pz Corps unit emblem (Stalingrad) question?

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

I donßt know if you are the same person as on another forum which psted other photos with the same emblems. The symbol under the "K" was until know identified as that of the 14.Armee. Obviously with these photos showing up that is incorrect.

/Christoph