4 Div. & RSO

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

afrika.90light
Supporter

4 Div. & RSO

Post by afrika.90light »

Found an old post from 2004 that hinted to the idea of RSO's in the 4 Div. Please tell me this is true. These just became available in models for Flames of War and I'd love :evil: to spring these on the guys but only if historical. I could anyway but like to be historical.
William
Christoph Awender
Patron

Re: 4 Div. & RSO

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello William

Which 4th division do you mean? 4.Inf. or 4.Pz.Div.

/Christoph
afrika.90light
Supporter

Post by afrika.90light »

Hi Christoph,
OOPS :oops: ! I'm looking at 4 Panzer Div. The post that I saw this in was about Apr?.2004 under the 4 Pz Div. While I have you. Could you give me the link to your web page. If I remember correctly your site is in German. I don't read German very well but can stumble my way through. You are so widely regarded by others I simply have to bookmark your site.
Just so you can know of my project. I model the 4th in my FOW army and try to do it historically. Its not needed to be that way but I like to do research :[] . I'm also doing research on 90 Light,26 Panzer Div. & 508 Pz Reg. And just as a side note I do Geneology.
Anyway thanks for your reply.
William
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

William, the link to his site is over on the right, there, under his avatar.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Martin Block
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Block »

William,

The 4. Pz.Div. reported having RSO on hand only from Jan 1944 until Jun/Jul 1944. But no more than 3 were availabe at any time. I am unable to tell what subunit they were in.

Martin Block
afrika.90light
Supporter

Post by afrika.90light »

The post I am referring to was Apr.4 2004 about the 4 Div. I assume and hope this is the Pak 40 armed, armoured RSO. Does this match. I hope. :evil:
William
Martin Block
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Block »

No, I'm afraid not. The 7,5 cm Pak 40/4 (Sf.) RSO was never issued to the 4. Pz.Div. or any other Pz.Div.. You could find this vehicle in the 1. Ski-Jg.Div., Pz.Zerst.Btl. 477 and 478. Later some of the remaining vehicles of the Pz.Zerst.Btl. 477 and 478 went to Armee-Pz.Jg.Abt. 752 and Pz.Jg.Abt. 263. Armee-Pz.Jg.Abt. 751 also briefly had a few.

Martin Block
afrika.90light
Supporter

Post by afrika.90light »

Hi Martin
Oh well,so much for that bit of fun. Thanks. :[]
William