Staged/Modern Day Re-enactment?

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Fallschirmjager !
Supporter

Staged/Modern Day Re-enactment?

Post by Fallschirmjager ! »

I just thought this looks a little bit too clean. Possible re-enactment - what do you think? I was also wondering what's in the mans right hand, the one with the radio head-set.

it can be viewed larger here:

http://anonymous-generaltopics.blogspot ... m-gun.html

Thanks
Fallschirmjäger - Nick M.
ghp95134
Supporter

Re: Staged/Modern Day Re-enactment?

Post by ghp95134 »

Fallschirmjager ! wrote:I just thought this looks a little bit too clean. Possible re-enactment - what do you think?
It looks too clean, and the one gunner looks like he might have spent too much time at the field bakery.
Fallschirmjäger ! wrote: I was also wondering what's in the mans right hand, the one with the radio head-set.
It looks like a range finder to me. You can see it in use in the photo right below the one you posted:

--Guy Power
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

They ALL appear to be somewhat gastronomically UN-challenged LOL No living on zweiback and boiled sweets for 36 hours for these guys!!!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I can't remember the unit, but IIRC, that's a Canadian outfit that does Kriegsmarine coastal arty.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Tom Houlihan wrote:I can't remember the unit, but IIRC, that's a Canadian outfit that does Kriegsmarine coastal arty.
Damn !! The secret is out!!

We're short on uniforms and equipment, here in Canada. for the troops in Afghanistan, so the Royal Canadian Artillery (here at home) have to use stuff we captured in 19444-45.

That's a picture of a gun from one of the shore batteries that assists the Canadian Navy in guarding the approaches to my home town, here on the west coast. All of the men are volunteers from Joe's Puffy Pastry Parlour!!

(Ha! Ha! to you Tom! :D )
Signed: "The Shadow"