Latvian SS and military history book group

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Donald Carapella Jr.
Supporter

Latvian SS and military history book group

Post by Donald Carapella Jr. »

I have this in ebay. Please look at auctions by donald5372.
Thanks
Donald Carapella Jr.
Supporter

Re: Latvian SS and military history book group

Post by Donald Carapella Jr. »

I bought this group in a rummage sale. I wish I knew who it belonged to. Maybe a SS vet. (1) two small booklets ( 5 3/4" X 4") printed in 1954 and 55 in latvian . They both have 8 pages of pictures in each and 40 - 50 pages total.. Auzans military career includes a picture of him in 1924 with medals. The Butkuss booklet is great. The cover shows an artist rendition of a picture of him as a Captain. On the border you can see Oakleaves, Latvian shield ,Waves ( the baltic). hand grenade. I cant read any of the Latvian but I will describe what the pictures are (1) 1932 (as a teenager?) (2) as a child and graduating as a cadet? (3) in uniform with another SS man. (4) as a Lt. here he has close combat clasp and IC 1st Class and Infantry as. badge ( 5) the picture from which the cover was drawn shows KC and German Cross. (6) in the field with SS soldiers. You can see the Latvian shield on this side view (7) with SS soldiers in long winter Coats. You can see a shield on one man (8)after the war in 1950. In one picture he holds a large crayfish or small lobster. In the other he is in some kind of repair shop. These are made on fragile paper and are lucky to have survived. They are in great condition except for the very small corner piece missing from the Butkuss. In the back of each booklet is a detachable postcard to order more books from this company located in Sweden.

(2) 9" X 6" Hardcover book by Arvids Kripens " Kalpaka Bataljons un Baloza Brigade" Printed in Australia in 1963 212 pages with 14 pages of pictures 1919, 1935 and a few Latvian WW 2 SS. Mint condition with plastic dust cover.

(3) 6" X 9" soft cover 80 pages with photos. I think this is a veterans type peridodical. on the fist page is 1977 and # 23. The pictures show men (some in uniform with bios). I see the 1919 years and 1920's I don't see anything about WW2 in this book

(4) Seven small 1940's latvian language books books. Poems songs and stories
stcamp

Re: Latvian SS and military history book group

Post by stcamp »

Hello,

Posting a link might get you a better respone.

Regards,

Steve