RÜCKMARSCH THEN AND NOW

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Stephan H.
Contributor

RÜCKMARSCH THEN AND NOW

Post by Stephan H. »

Anyone have this book: RÜCKMARSCH THEN AND NOW, The German Retreat from Normandy, By Jean Paul Pallud? I'm particularly interested in knowing if this book has a lot of previously unpublished photos and how much of the photos cover the Falaise Gap.

Thanks,
Stephan
hucks216
Contributor

Re: RÜCKMARSCH THEN AND NOW

Post by hucks216 »

Hi,
I own a copy of this book, and as with all the other Then & Now titles it makes for interesting reading. There is a 56 page chapter titled The Withdrawal And The Falaise Pocket (the second chapter) with many interesting photos, especially of the carnage, from both sides of the fence. As for unpublished photos I am not able to tell you I am afraid. I would say though that you wouldn't be disappointed with this book if the German retreat from Normandy is your area of interest.
Stephan H.
Contributor

Post by Stephan H. »

I'm sold. www.rzm.com has a 20% off their books for the month of August and I wanted to take advatage of the sale to get this book.

Thanks.
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Whilst I'm too late for Stephen's query I can recommend this book for sheer number and quality of photo's. On our last trip to Normandy we found it interesting to follow some of the roads matching up the photo's.

First post incidentally.. From a long time lurker!

P