"Let me entertain you....."

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Re: "Let me entertain you....."

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Tracy Troiani - is described as his fiancee and seems to be a real person in the DE/MD area so that is a match.

Ilse Rössler - exists but not as a journalist.

Ed Easley - there is at least one Ed Easley as a journalist and with a military background: "Easley has been a writer, photographer and editor, grew up in Yakima, Wash., served in the U.S. Army at the end of the Vietnam War, and now resides in Spoke, Wash." Geographically, that is a hard match to Harker in DE, but he can't be ruled out.

Kimberly Parkes - a real name but hard to find any connection to Holocaust research.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Tracy Troiani is DEFINITELY real - she's "Director" on projectgermanveteran :wink: and...
Three years after divorcing his first wife and a few months after meeting his fiancée, Tracy Troiani....
...as told to Victor Greto.

Also..."The Blue Bell Book/Movie Club Meetup Group" - AND based in Newark, DE.
Introduction:
"Hi everyone! I am a publicist/gal Friday for local author, Paul K. Harker."

Additional information:
"I would love for you to read/discuss his first book, Directive 19. It's memoirs of a WWII vet; SS Totenkopfverbande, Rolf Schiller. The book is available at B&N and Amazon.com. Thanks! "
BUT...there's a possibility she has a day job too...

http://www.news-line.com/commander.lass ... featureone
Conference Report: Knowledge and Networking at PSRC Meeting

The Pennsylvania Society for Respiratory Care (PSRC) Eastern Region held its Seventh Annual Meeting on Friday, April 23, 2004, at the Radisson Valley Forge, King of Prussia, PA. Engaging speakers, eye-catching exhibits, informative breakout sessions -- even the PSRC State and Student Sputum Bowls -- all helped make the meeting both educational and fun.

The meeting opened ....
...and further down in that article...
Tracy Troiani, regional director of symphony staffing Inc. and NurseWorks Inc., said, "I wasn't able to hear the speakers, but did enjoy getting to meet the RTs during their breaks to discuss where their careers are headed and how we could become part of that equation. I also enjoyed the networking opportunities that the conference afforded. I met some RTs that I haven't seen in quite a few years that are now out of the hospital arena and are involved in sales or home care. I also made some new contacts, which should prove to be valuable as well."
A report of a medical conference on the EAST COAST...it COULD of course be someone totally different...

EXCEPT - remember what "Cathy" on Amazon and projectgermanveteran strangely enough does for a living??? Works in a medical supply company... :wink:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

local author, Paul K. Harker
PSSST...someone should tell her he doesn't like to be called an "author" - he's a "compiler".... :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

I'm sure the Blue Bell Blook Club went gaga over Directive 19! :D

Again, why does Harker keep pushing the angle that women should be interested in his swill? A marketing genius he is not! (No disrespect intended towards the women who are interested in WW2, but let's accept reality here...)
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

I wonder where Harker gets the money to pay this big staff of his? I doubt that his book sales amount to much.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Harker recently published Schiller's memoir, "Directive 19: The Memoirs of SS Sturmbannführer [storm unit leader] Rolf Otto Schiller" (Outskirts Press, $24.95).

None of the money goes to Schiller's estate; $3 of each sale goes to the upkeep of Allied and German military cemeteries.
I think that with a claim like THAT, it's about time it was audited... :wink:
I doubt that his book sales amount to much
John, I wouldn't be too sure - two years on and STILL full price on Amazon - THAT means it's a good mover. He could be selling more of these than you might think...

Don't forget he has it good BOTH ways - selling to Holocaust Deniers and neo-Nazis...AND to those studying or interested in the Holocaust!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

why does Harker keep pushing the angle that women should be interested in his swill?
Because it's "nice". They're about "nice" shiny poster-boy von Metzger and intelligent and intellectual and misunderstood and lied-about Schiller. But if housewifes and girlfriends are interested in them and like the books then they HAVE to be nice guys, don't they? :wink: NOT bestial and sadistic killers at all...

And don't forget - table-waiting staff!...about 15% of the people on the now-hidden "how did you hear about us" thread seemed to have read the url on napkins in restaurants or messes!!! :shock:
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Okay, I have wasted 95% of my Sunday on this - might as well finish it off...

Here's an interesting little thread that seems to show Harker fishing for a response:

In his category "Wehrmacht" (which Harker thinks means "Army") he has the topic of "Volksturm" (sic)
http://projectgermanveteran.aceboard.co ... ksturm.htm

Insane_Clown Posted 02/05/2008 10:39:50 PM
What were the qualifications necessary to be a member of the Volksturm? Does anyone know the age limits, health requirements and how much - if any training they received?

Harker seems to be throwing out a topic to see if anyone will bite - no one does after 20 days, so he gets tired of waiting and creates his own responses:

TommyGun Posted 22/05/2008 12:04:30 AM
The qualifications were that you had to be fit and able and even that was subject to a thin protocol. Most members of the Volksturm were either 10 - 12 years old (too young for the Hitlerjugend) or any subsequent age. Soldiers who were discharged from the regular service because of wounds were recalled. Often times they were basically shown how to fire a rifle, throw grenades, salute and recognize rank. They were poorly trained and were often slaughtered outright or surrendered.

Mr_X Posted 22/05/2008 12:05:31 AM
Who was in charge of the Volksturm??

Insane_Clown Posted 22/05/2008 12:06:11 AM
I was until my promotion to Grand Admiral!!

So after 20 days of silence, there are three responses within less than two minutes!! :wink:

And by the way, his description of the Volkssturm ages is complete gibberish - he says they were either 10-12 years old or "any subsequent age" - what the hell? Can't this guy even look up a Wikipedia entry!

Lastly, his attempt at humor with the final post by the autobiographically named Insane_Clown is an interesting touch in his fantasy forum.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Lastly, his attempt at humor with the final post by the autobiographically named Insane_Clown is an interesting touch.
Yes - I've found THREE offtopic exchanges between a pair of users...that's six users in total - THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!! Same things said in exactly the same sentence with the same spelling!

P.S. have you NOTICED the spelling??? 9687 posts - and the spelling you can see in the posts you CAN see is almost PERFECT....EVEN from the two Russians and the Germans and the Dutch girl.... :shock: :wink:

There are some sh1t-hot typists on that board - 15 or 20 lines in two or three minutes, with NO spelling mistakes and no mistypes. That's REMARKABLY good...
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

And by the way, his description of the Volkssturm ages is complete gibberish - he says they were either 10-12 years old or "any subsequent age" - what the hell?
Yes - but he answered the question!

Don't you see? That makes him a "recognised expert" on the Volksturm.... :shock:

:D :D :D
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

More fun reading from the Project Gerbil Veteran forum...

I won't repeat it all here, but have a look at his Kursk thread.
http://projectgermanveteran.aceboard.co ... -Kursk.htm

Note that it starts out with a question about the "defensive line tactics used by the Wehrmacht at Kursk". For cryin out loud, does Harker not even understand who was defending Kursk? (Assuming he is trying to discuss Kursk in summer 1943.)

The first response says that "Tank obstacles wouldn't have worked well at Kursk because of the terrain." Now, I am scratching my head, trying to figure out a terrain where tank obstacles do not work well - the ocean, maybe? But this is the first time I have heard that the terrain around Kursk was unsuitable for tank obstacles.

So we learn that "Kursk would have fallen to the Russians either way." Umm, okay. It did help that the Russians ALREADY HAD KURSK!!!

Another post says, "There was an argument between Wehrmacht Colonel Langer and Wehrmacht Major Jost about the deployment of artillery." and goes on to provide details. Ah yes, that famous argument. It's all in the documents from the Soviet KGB archives in Irkutsk that only Harker has access to.

Not until the last post in the thread do we see something about Kursk that approaches reality...and no explanation for the insanity that preceded it. :!:
stcamp

Re: "Let me entertain you....." - BREAKING NEWS AT END OF THREAD

Post by stcamp »

Frederick L Clemens wrote:Here's an interesting interplay between Harker and Campbell:

On April 29, 2008, "Susan" posts this Amazon review of Campbell's book "SS-Polizei: Memories of Poland":
"I knew this book was fiction. I found it to be a disappointment and was deeply disturbed that Stephen Campbell or any person for that matter, would invent such a heinous story. The conversations rendered throughout the book are merely speculation as are the details of the gruesome actions committed. It's devastatingly sad that the Holocaust took place. It's also disturbing that someone would author a fictional story about it for the sole reason of reaping profit.

A couple other notes worth mentioning is that the book itself is poorly manufactured and bound. The cover and pages curl with normal use. Finally, the editing was marginal and the research it seems; was cursory at best."

Stephen Campbell reviews Directive 19 on Amazon on March 5, 2008:
"Unfortunately it is my belief that the book is fiction. It is well written an a interesting read. It is historically more accurate than many SS memoirs in its description of the mentality prevalent among those involved in the Holocaust. I would have given the author a much higher rating had I felt that it was really a SS "memoir." Unfortunately I feel I was mislead by the description." [Actually a generous review in my opinion, his only criticism was that it was fiction, but still well-written.]

Harker starts this thread on his website on March 7, 2008:
http://projectgermanveteran.aceboard.co ... mpbell.htm

NightOwl - Hey have any of you actually read this book????
Field_Marshal - I read this book. Its only redeeming quality is that it can be recycled as toilet paper and kindling on camping trips.
Sleepy_Sadie - So what you're saying is don't bother with this one? Okay.
Drill_Sgt - I'm no expert on these matters but ain't it some kind of unspoken rule that one so-called professional doesn't critique the work of a colleague?
Luger - I like Drill Sgt! Really!!
Drill_Sgt - What are you? My goddamned fan club?
Madman - Writing is a professional occupation. One writer doesn't "review" or critique another writer's work same as a doctor doesn't critique another doctor. Musicians don't review each other, painters don't critique each other and any person in a similar line of work should have the professional courtesy to refrain from such behavior. It just shows you:
A) How much Stephen Campbell doesn't know about the professional literary world
B) How much Stephen Campbell doesn't know about professional conduct
C) How much Stephen Campbell doesn't know period

I wonder what triggered Harker's first attack on Campbell? And isn't the irony in Harker's later pontifications about professional behavior delicious?

By the way, does anyone believe that ANY of the postings on Harker's site are not Harker? It seems like all member postings are probably 100% Harker.

Another footnote - interesting to see how Harker routinely uses underscores in his member names, such as Drill_Sgt and Field_Marshal. An odd quirk, no?
Actually I prefered the quote where I have cronies and others of that ilk. I have never had either, but I have long wanted an ilk. The editing was lame but other than that I thought it turned out rather well.

Oh, the syntax - where he uses underscore and caps? That looks like old school US/IBM programing protocol. We were taught that way. As in Lname_Supplier Lname_Sales_Number

Steve Campbell
Last edited by stcamp on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

That looks like old school US/IBM programing protocol
Actually, that had crossed my mind as well :wink: The use of underscores wouldn't be a first choice for a person....but it is in THIS guy's forum :wink: They're being used for spaces in usernames almost EVERY time.
Writing is a professional occupation. One writer doesn't "review" or critique another writer's work same as a doctor doesn't critique another doctor
All I can say to that is....EH? I'm sitting looking a shelfload of Sci-fi and almost every second paperback has ANOTHER reviewing author's exerpted comment buried in the blurb on the back!!! Today was Sunday - my living room table is full of Sunday newspaper supplements with authors reviewing other authors' books!

OF COURSE author's critique other authors' work - has this guy never lifted a History book and read "X says such-and-such, but that can't be relied on for a number of reasons..."??? THAT'S a critique LMAO

....just had a thought;
has this guy never lifted a History book
I can't believe I actually asked that question!!! :D :D :D
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

It has occurred to me that there may be an explanation for the female-heavy presence on Harker's Forum of Freaks. It may well be that his fiancee/wife/Gal Friday is helping out with making a fair number of the postings there.

I still wonder what happened to Mad Dog Memoirs though. The domain name has been abandoned. Why would Harker create the domain and business only to abandon it? He's still publishing and he has a new website that is terribly inferior to the Mad Dog website in appearance. The Harker charade was not yet exposed when he gave up the Mad Dog business. Having a website and a mock business name is not that expensive in and of itself. Very odd, unless maybe he owed money to people under the Mad Dog name??

Just another piece of the puzzle.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Why would Harker create the domain and business only to abandon it? He's still publishing and he has a new website that is terribly inferior to the Mad Dog website in appearance
Yes - but remember, this isn't purely about content, it's as much about trying to create "reputable experts and commentators" to provide "independent" corroboration for his books :wink: A plain website doesn't do that...

And remember too - in days of yore the books didn't NEED corroboration. But with the momentum this thing has gained, here and on AHF, they need it NOW okay....so gremlinsprojectilevomiting and its "experts" miraculously appeared 99 days ago...