What do you collect?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

if i found a medal with a name on it i would try to return it to the owner or the family i have done this in the past and i still will.
my colecting is only of firearms around 160 now i enjoy shooting my collection ranges from 1780's to modern bb guns to machineguns.

Schultz
Dogmeat
Supporter

Post by Dogmeat »

i have an german officer hat,3 ordinary soldier hats,caps,what ever they are called.
i have 2 german pilot caps,u know things they put on during flights,i always wondered how they survived.(sometimes i put on one of them on rainy days,the are cool,(uhh i hope i wont be accused of damaging historical ehh stuff)

i have 2 steelhelmets.
i would love to get my self couple of snipersbadges and couple of africa and kreta cuffbands,right now im workin on it.

i also have a friend who knows a tailor who sews exacly the same uiforms used by germans during ww2,i just ordered my self 2 panzergrenadier uniforms from thaht guy,off course they will be fake but i think its cool anyway.

sorry for my baaaad englihsh :)
"In blossom today, then scattered:
Life is so like a delicate flower.
How can one expect the fragrance
To last for ever?
- Admiral Onishi Takijiro
History Fan

Post by History Fan »

Greetings, I collect books, models, and now stickpins.
Dogmeat
Supporter

Post by Dogmeat »

hi,finally my cuffbands arrived,an "afrika" ,a sniper badge,a "kuban"even though its not made in germany but in the field.

i was gonna buy a hitlerjugend cuffband but it was waaay too expensive and even looked like a fake,i examnied it the best i could but im not sure.it was too expensive anyway.

i mentioned i had geamna steelhelmtes but didint told the model :)
1 have 2 m40s,and a m35.unfortuanetly one of the m40 is in baaad shape.

anyway,i just wanted to share tihs with you,i have been looking for these cuffbands for many monhts and im very happy to get them.

cheers,dogm.
"In blossom today, then scattered:
Life is so like a delicate flower.
How can one expect the fragrance
To last for ever?
- Admiral Onishi Takijiro
park ranger

My Collecting Interests

Post by park ranger »

Hello,

My collecting interests are varied. I collect WWII rifles and pistols, and have started a Wehermacht medal and insignia collection. My other German collection is focused on East German militaria, medals, and badges. With my DDR collection, I have a strong interest in the Reichsbahn, and Forestry.
In addition to the German side of things, I enjoy collecting Soviet militaria, and US Civil War items. I also like to collect patches and badges from various conservation agencies.
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Ranger

I had a lovely east German ground sheet (one of those things you can also wear as a cape or something) but left it behind when I got out of dodge. And some bum took my Bundeswehr para knife in a poker game!

cheers
Reb
thunder

Post by thunder »

I'm quite new in the forum but my most interest is in Books of Military
from the beginning up to today Military only
so far i have about 5000 Books and Paperbacks
If someone looking for a foto maybe i can help
Than i collect and paint Figures and Models
I have sone Original German Medeals of the 2. WW with Papers
and a few other things
Wie ein Fels im Meer

3. SS Panzerdiv.
park ranger

Post by park ranger »

Hello Reb,

That is a bummer to have lost your gravity knife! My card playing skills are so poor that I dare not to bet anything on a game!
panzerhan

Post by panzerhan »

I collect various kinds of stuff...

A piece of concrete from Wolfschantze (About 5 kilos)
A piece of brick from the Berlin wall
A bayonet for a Lee Enfield rifle (taken from the Greek cypriot guards)
Various kinds of Soviet uniforms and headgear
A bullet from Gallipoli
Signal magazines
Models,soldiers etc

And where can I buy a WW2 German helmet, not an original one; imitation and cheap please!!
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

As the new word for this is "networking"...
I collect WW II books. Anything really. Campaigns, certain battles, unit histories, and autobiographies etc. Collection is fairly big and my WANT LIST is in the books forum.
Also have 3 German badges and always looking for more though they are a bit out of my price range and probably always will be.
Anyone know some good sellers. I only have 1 TRUSTED person to date and he has given/sold me all my pieces. Any badge right now would do as I hope/plan/wish to eventually get them all.
Also would like to get cufftitles (also too expensive) and a sniper badge etc.
I just asked in the other forum if anyone is interested in my models, never put together and some still in plastic.
Hope to hear from someone.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
Panzerjäger

Post by Panzerjäger »

Hey, I am young, but why not start collecting now...so far, I have a German WWI Trench Knife, and a M44 Mosin Nagant used by the Russians during WWII.
Christensen

Post by Christensen »

I collect knowledge... :wink: Would like to start a collection of weapons and anything that has to do with the battle of Lundby (3/7 1864).
Nebelwerfer

Post by Nebelwerfer »

I have a German mother's medal in bronze. This medal, which is very graceful (it looks like an elongated iron cross and has a swastika in the center) and is inlaid in white and blue enamel.

I understand the system for awarding this medal to women depended on how many children they had:

> 2 children = bronze
> 4 children = silver
> 6 children = gold

Anyone have more information?
Krönen

Post by Krönen »

I've just started collecting medals and photos. So far I have a

-Second class Iron Cross WWI
-Second class Iron Cross WWII
-Winter campaign medal
-Wound badge in bronze

and a few photos.
Sista Soldjah
Supporter

Post by Sista Soldjah »

I collect memories - old photos at the moment, some time ago little plates or cigarette trays with place names and images - I even have a few post cards sent by people from the days of old...I like to image their lives - their challenges - I guess I like to spend my spare time in the imaginary (based upon as many facts that I can find too)...

I also love to collect kisses from my three little sons! - I intend to have such an impressive collection of their kisses by the time I die!

Cheers
Sista
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake. "
--Jeannette Rankin first woman Member of Congress