aid to USSR

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

gavmeister13
Contributor

aid to USSR

Post by gavmeister13 »

how much military aid did the Allies give to the Soviets? could they still have won the war without it?
Wurger
Contributor

Aid to Russia

Post by Wurger »

I don't have the figures handy, but Allied aid to the USSR was quite substantial. While I doubt the Soviets would have lost without it, Allied supplies were particularly important to the Russians in the early part of the war in the east.

Throughout the war the Russians relied on the Allies heavily for transport trucks and rations - spam in particular was considered to be a delicacy (no accounting for taste I suppose . . .). Allied aircraft such as the P-39, Hurricane, and P-40 were put to good use by the Russians, although Allied tanks such as the Sherman were derided.

Regards,

Wurger
Landser
Contributor

Re: aid to USSR

Post by Landser »

[quote="gavmeister13"]how much military aid did the Allies give to the Soviets? could they still have won the war without it?[/quote]

Here is a comprehensive list of $11 bill. worth of material and equipments.Their highest priority was on GI boots? (16 mill.of them.)
I yes you can say that's what won them the war.The list includes atomic materials down to toilet paper(460 000 LBS).

Complete List of Lend Lease to Russia including atomic materials

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/lend.html

PS Not a penny will ever be payed back,that goes also foe UK ($30 bill)