Early Luft RankList for von Nobbe/Florer?

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

RobinH
Supporter

Early Luft RankList for von Nobbe/Florer?

Post by RobinH »

I have been trying to research a family crest that is engraved on an early Luftwaffe sword scabbard. The family name is probably "von Nobbe" but there is a very similiar crest to the "von Florer" family. Does anyone have an early Luftwaffe rank list from around 1935-1938 that could tell me if there are Luft officers listed by either of those names? Thank you.
Lorenz
Patron

Re: Early Luft RankList for von Nobbe/Florer?

Post by Lorenz »

RobinH wrote:I have been trying to research a family crest that is engraved on an early Luftwaffe sword scabbard. The family name is probably "von Nobbe" but there is a very similiar crest to the "von Florer" family. Does anyone have an early Luftwaffe rank list from around 1935-1938 that could tell me if there are Luft officers listed by either of those names? Thank you.

No one of either name in my data base of 23,000 Luftwaffe officers, 1935-45.
RobinH
Supporter

Post by RobinH »

Thank you for checking.
RobinH
Supporter

Post by RobinH »

The family crest I am researching is engraved on a damast blade luftwaffe sword scabbard. This would be a presentation type sword. Could it be possible that a sword such as this could be given/awarded to a non military important person in the 1935-1940 timeframe? The German nobility research book seems quite insistant that the crest belongs to the "von Nobbe" family. I would appreciate opinions.
Lorenz
Patron

Post by Lorenz »

RobinH wrote:The family crest I am researching is engraved on a damast blade luftwaffe sword scabbard. This would be a presentation type sword. Could it be possible that a sword such as this could be given/awarded to a non military important person in the 1935-1940 timeframe? The German nobility research book seems quite insistant that the crest belongs to the "von Nobbe" family. I would appreciate opinions.
You are on the wrong web site. Go to the one below and post your question. There are people there who will know.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... y.php?f=29

--Lorenz
tenoriodj
Supporter

Post by tenoriodj »

in my opinion, the best german edged weapons forum is germandaggers.com