Can we please give them a bloody Heer section?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Can we please give them a bloody Heer section?

Post by Rajin Cajun »

It's getting ludicrious simple topics in the Waffen-SS are being deliberately trolled by several members. Can we please just give them their damn Heer section so they shut up? Even though the whole thing is for the Heer anyways we might as well just give them the subtopic they want. I grow tired of going into the Waffen-SS section to see certain members purposefully trolling. They go off topic and attack people for having OPINIONS! Last I checked an opinion was not something you could debate about. I grow tired of it you can't even say your favorite Waffen-SS division without Jan-Hendrik, Sid Guttridge or TimoWr coming in an trying to start a fight by saying, "The Waffen-SS is not elite." When nobody @#% said it was in the first place.

I grow tired of it if we can't have civil discussion from these so called "mature experts" then why not proclaim them the Gods of WWII and allow them to police people's opinions. Why not stop discussing WWII and allow them to give us lectures? Honestly its tiresome and I'm leaving this forum it no longer holds anything worthwhile they run off vets, belittle new members who show an interest in the Waffen-SS and constantly flame, troll and bait people in order to disrupt discussions that are sometimes nothing more then people discussing in a civil way a unit they take a particular interest in.

Rick
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Learn to address yourself in a manner that fits to the level of the forum , maybe than it is possible to take you serious :wink:

:[]

Jan-Hendrik
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Just of late the W-SS section HAS had a lot of attention lavished on it by people posting on threads with comments etc. not in tune with the thread. Some of these get policed in time, some don't leading to unsightly flame wars etc.

RC is right in that an opinion is something you might explain, not debate. And I for one do not enjoy ANY threads in any sections, where a quite clear opinion is asked for on A versus B...and someone trolls in with sorry you're all talking rubbish, C was better than either! Quite frankly, if anyone - particularly the person who opened the thread - wanted to know about C he'd have damn well asked about it!

If you take a look at the top of this very page you'll see its for RESEARCH and Jason very kindly provided both a General discussion section AND Soldatenheim for discussion and debate.

If someone has taken the time to open a thread in one of the research sections, there's a fair chance he's interested in the result of his query! So kindly give him some respect and assist in the matter in hand in research threads or go and open one of your own in the discussion areas!
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

i might add,

please don't give Jason blood clots when he comes back.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Huuuummm............

The S.S. section has always attracted its share of controversy--this is not a new thing! For better or worse, all of the ideological differences in the membership congeal around the S.S. forum.

We have to learn patience and be prepared to rationally argue our points, even in the face of members whose attitudes are already fixed and are not those we'd agree with.

It's too easy to call someone names or accuse someone you disagree with of "trolling", but neither tactic solves any problem. If anything, overt hostility simply increases the problem, whereas rationale argument decreases it.

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

In other words you didnt get to see that thread before John Howard did some deleteing :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Commissar D, the Evil

:D Probably not Phylo.

But, the point is, that if you're dueling with Timo and Sid, you've got to bring a lot of factual knowledge to the table, or you'll go home hungry. If you just get frustrated and hurl insults, you've lost the battle.

By the way, Timo is a dear friend of mine, so I use him as an example simply to point out that an educated opponent in a discussion is the last thing you want. Or, as the Commissar says:

"Give me a stupid enemy any day......"

Very Best,
David
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

Are you calling me an uneducated moron David? Or am I misunderstanding you. I'm mean I'm such a stupid working class bloke I easily get confused when people try to use condescension as a weapon against poor little old me. A lot of our "educated" lot seem to take it upon themselves to be condescending to others thinking we are too stupid to understand and I grow tired of it. I'm not a bloody moron and I know when I'm being baited and trolled so if your not going to do anything about it David because they are educated then maybe I should go find a forum for us bumbling working class idiots who like WWII. :evil:

PS: Actually scratch that I'm leaving you can all be condescending assholes to everybody because you have your College degrees from @#% U but I'm not wasting my time here anymore. Go ahead and put the "higher educated" on pedestals because this forum is utter garbage now that we finally see that your protecting them.
Commissar D, the Evil

Are you calling me an uneducated moron David?
Whoa!!! Rajin, lighten up!!! I never called you anything, nor would I!!!!!!!

My point was that Timo has made a life out of studying the 1st S.S. (For longer than the 10 years I've known him!) Sid is a master of rhetoric. Hey, I know my limitations and would only fight them on ground that I am certain of. But I am certain of one thing--that I would never knowingly or willingly insult you, as you have never insulted me.

Please reconsider your words and accept my commentary as being only commentary, not designed to insult anyone!

Very Best,
David
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

:roll:

can you say grenade?

calm down....
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Are you calling me an uneducated moron
If I read your last comments during the last 24 hours :

yes :wink: :shock:

:[]

Jan-Hendrik
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

If I read your last comments during the last 24 hours :

yes
Come on now Jan Hendrik, you can add as many wink and shocked emoticons as you want but still, all you're doing is pouring more oil on the fire.
In a discussion on who's a moron you at least aren't the wisest.

Regards,

Paul
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

How would you call someone who is labeling his discussion partners as :
bloody bastard
:?:

Jan-Hendrik
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Well.....maybe I'd call someone who qualified me as such something like that but I wouldn't follow him across the forum and keep sniping at him thus continuing the unsavoury shouting match which detracts from the forum as a whole.
Doing so is not going to solve the argument and infects other threads with that very same shouting match. In my opinion the wise man would prevent that and stop this silly business by shrugging it off and not give any weight to the opinion of someone he considers to be a moron.

regards,

Paul
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

So!

All this time I thought you were my friends, but secretly you've been laughing at me because I don't have a degree! I see exactly how it is now...

Bloody bastards.

:D

Seriously though, lets all chill. All David was saying is that if you are going to argue with Timo and Sid, you better have your facts straight, because they both do, by the bucketload. So stick around Rajin, but don't play the working class hero. Plenty of us know what the gutter is like, but there ain't no class issue on Feldgrau.

Although, I think we desperately need a Heer forum, the SS issue appears ready to explode. Don't think it will entirely solve it, but it would help.

Cheers,
Jock