Russia's Largest Wargame Festival

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

oleg
Enthusiast

Russia's Largest Wargame Festival

Post by oleg »

panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

A German Nazi soldier prepares to attack
Nazi soldier takes girlfriend for a ride on an old motocycle as Red Army soldiers watch them
German Nazi soldier concentrates before the battle
Policeman looks at German Nazi soldiers vanishing in the forest

German Nazi commander ready for action
German Nazi soldiers fire a cannon

Nazi soldiers capture a Red Army tank

Looks like some things still remain for some people in Russia :roll:
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

I wonder Mr. Putin allows the uniforms of the fascist invaders to be worn in Russian wargames :shock:
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Geesh Panzermahn. :roll: :roll: :roll:

What exactly is the point of your posts on this Thread?

Oleg posted a link to a re-inactment event that seems to have been staged very well. Where else can you see a running Czech-made Pz. 38T?

So, what exactly s your objection to this Thread???????????????? :roll:

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
oleg
Enthusiast

Post by oleg »

panzermahn wrote:
A German Nazi soldier prepares to attack
Nazi soldier takes girlfriend for a ride on an old motocycle as Red Army soldiers watch them
German Nazi soldier concentrates before the battle
Policeman looks at German Nazi soldiers vanishing in the forest

German Nazi commander ready for action
German Nazi soldiers fire a cannon

Nazi soldiers capture a Red Army tank

Looks like some things still remain for some people in Russia :roll:
Would you care to decipher your point? While you are at that – this one too:
Thanks for bringing out some of the Krasnaya Zvezda's propagandanitsiya and the glorificationitsiya of the HSUs
What is “propagandanitsiya” and “glorificationitsiya”?

The more I read your posts the more it feels like you live in some sort of parallel universe…
How do you think they made WW II movies in USSR?
Last edited by oleg on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Ah Oleg, don't get involved in a fight over this. Panzermahn's agenda is fairly obvious. It amazes me that he could possibly find anything objectionable about this Thread.

I've seen other pictures of this Pz. 38T. I have to say that the restoration of this vehicle is remarkable. There aren't many of them around and to have a running one is fantastic! Especially when you consider the vital role they played in the invasion of the Soviet Union and that some of them managed to survive and were being used even in 1945!

How did the Russians rate it in terms of relaibilty?

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Looks like some things still remain for some people in Russia

Panzermahn, I think that had you grown up in a Russia devastated by the German war, you would have similar views.

Face it, when most people think about WWII, they are not educated enough to draw distinctions between Nazis and Germans. Ergo, back off.

Nice photos, Oleg! Thanks for that!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Looks like some things still remain for some people in Russia
Had your country been devastated by the Germans, I rather think that your objection to them being referred to as Nazis would disappear.

Face it, for the uneducated masses, it's not possible to make any distinction between Nazis and Germans. It's the result of wartime propaganda, and misinformation (intentional and otherwise) over the intervening decades.

In other words, back off.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

Post by Dragunov »

In other words, back off.
I concur.

in N. America, we have a similar event where people from both USA and Canada have a big reenacting event. yup, Ivan is there too.
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Rajin Cajun
Banned

Post by Rajin Cajun »

Hmm interesting are the SS runes banned in Russia? Obviously some of these guys were supposed to be SS but were wearing Wehrmacht insignia. I'm just curious if they have similar bands as in Germany?

Nice to see the 38T in action almost as exciting as seeing the Tiger in operation with the California Historical Group. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Thanks for that link Oleg!

Impressive reenactment in it's own right and nice to see "Soviets" and "Nazi's" having a good time together!

Regards,

Paul
DXTR
Contributor

Post by DXTR »

great pictures! Good to see some reenactors who don the red army uniform. After all not everybody can be waffen SS...
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Ah Oleg, don't get involved in a fight over this. Panzermahn's agenda is fairly obvious. It amazes me that he could possibly find anything objectionable about this Thread.

Best,
David
Hi David,

I am not picking a fight with Oleg. But as you can read from the url posted by Oleg, you can even notice such biases from the people who organized the reenactment (or maybe the person who wrote the webpage).

How can you have an objective re-enactment when biases had been shown by the person/people who wrote that webpage (possibly by the organizer or even the person who report this wargame)???

For example, even a luftwaffe re-enactor (with an enlisted man's rank) was described as Nazi commander...

Can you get sillier than that?

Regards
Panzermahn
DXTR
Contributor

Post by DXTR »

Rajin Cajun wrote:Hmm interesting are the SS runes banned in Russia? Obviously some of these guys were supposed to be SS but were wearing Wehrmacht insignia. I'm just curious if they have similar bands as in Germany?

Nice to see the 38T in action almost as exciting as seeing the Tiger in operation with the California Historical Group. :D
I don't know if they are banned. But I recall that once at a market in moscow I saw a vendor who was selling german equipment, such as daggers belt buckles and so on. Unlike all the other vendors he failed to block out the swastika. A couple of old guys were walking through the market, when seeing the swaztika they became very agitated. I can fully understand if people who experienced or have relatives who experienced the german occupation and destruction of their country would become angry with seeing this. Perhaps the re-enactors wouldn't want to upset the sentiment of the general public by sporting nazi symbols.

regards
oleg
Enthusiast

Post by oleg »

How can you have an objective re-enactment when biases had been shown by the person/people who wrote that webpage (possibly by the organizer or even the person who report this wargame)???
what is exactly an objective reenactment?
For example, even a luftwaffe re-enactor (with an enlisted man's rank) was described as Nazi commander...
so no Luftwaffe personnel under any circumstances could be described as Nazi? How about if he was a member of a Nazi party?

Oh btw – the link is form English language Russian newspaper.