Erasing Threads.

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

sid guttridge wrote:Hi Paddy,

I would suggest that CY is right.

You are talking about abuse of policing, not policing.

Cheers,

Sid.
That's what I was talking about in the first place: excessive policing, which amounts to the same thing or something very similar to it. You just made a fairly abusive post aimed at me in Soldatenheim. Now, you're going to get away with it because you are obviously protected on this website but if I were to make an insulting post against you, I would risk censure and perhaps even another banning.

Abuse of privilege is just as bad as abuse of power. You know I can't take you on because we are not playing on a level pitch and I have one arm tied behind my back so you're not proving anything positive about yourself by continually sniping or using passive-aggressive tactics against me. Come to my website and take me on there where nobody is protected, where anything goes. Otherwise, back off because I do not actually come here to waste time interacting with zealots who think I am a neo-Nazi because I think 'outside the box'. I'll discuss history with you all day long but let's forget the politics and the personalities, eh?

PK
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Paddy Keating wrote:I'll discuss history with you all day long but let's forget the politics and the personalities, eh?
Now if everyone, including me, could do that, we wouldn't need moderators at all! No policing, no abuse, period. Est-ce possible?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Paddy,

Whoa there a minute.

You say that I made a fairly abusive post aimed at you on Soldatenheim?

I deny this absolutely.

Please withdraw that suggestion.

I would point out that you would appear to be the "protected" one. In your final paragraph on a now closed thread ("13th French SS...."), you posted a totally false proposition as to what my opinion was about "Ich hatt einen Kameraden". However, because the thread was locked for reasons unconnected with us I was unable to reply and correct this. Furthermore, when I asked the moderator concerned to reopen the thread so that I could correct your misinformation in context I was told that this was not immediately possible. Who is the protected one?

You then raised "Ich hatt einen Kameraden" in a teasing post of your own. Fair enough. I have no problem with that, so I did a bit of counter-teasing myself. Can't you take your own medicine?

Finally, I would remind you that a year or two back you falsely accused me of editing my earlier posts to destroy evidence, when in fact I have never edited any of my earlier posts. To your credit, you apologised handsomely at the time. Please let's not get into another round of false accusations.

Have I accused you of being a Neo-Nazi? Where? Evidence please.

You have your own web site? I am very happy for you. What is it?

Cheers,

Sid.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I will not allow that argument to be brought up again. This ends now.

If you want to have a private discussion with someone, heated or not, do so by PM. An allegation of "protection" by any party implies that the moderators or administrator have favorites. I believe we have shown that we will step in to stop abuse by anyone.

I personally resent such an accusation, as I have taken action here that caused me personal discomfort, but I digress.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!