Are there any Allies forums as good as Feldgrau??

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Le Paradis

Are there any Allies forums as good as Feldgrau??

Post by Le Paradis »

I think that this site and the forums provided, and the overall contributions within, are amazing......what a fantastic resource for so many people.

Are there any equivalent sites serving Allied - particularly British - WW2 forces in a similar vein?
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

I believe that there are a few other Forums out there. There is the Russian Battlefield Forum. I do not know of any for British or other Allied. I am not too sure. There is also the Third Reich Forum, another one for Axis powers. But you said "as good as Feldgrau". The answer would be no. None are as good as Feldgrau!!! :D Heeheehaahaa!!! Sorry...just got off work...tired and being silly. :D

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
adrian
Supporter

Post by adrian »

Sadly there has been none of the scale of Feldgrau,nor may I say the variety of persons.

There is a niche there - I know I'd use it - its how I stumbled onto this place in the first instance!

I might go looking again :D

adrian
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Wolfkin wrote:There is the Russian Battlefield Forum.

Hi.

I personally stay out of forums that try to install Gator to my computer.
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Hey Mark V!

I am not a member there but I check it out once in a while. Gator...is that like some other forums where I have been where every 5 minutes or so, this thing flashes on your screen and asks..."would you like to install such and such"...?...If that is what what you are talking about, I agree! I find that very, very annoying!

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Dwight Pruitt

Post by Dwight Pruitt »

Try http://www.tank-net.org It's geared towards armored vehicles of all ages, but there are separate fora for general military topics of all periods. I think you'll like it!
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

there is a Britsh Army Web ring with many sites listed some with forums, but they are specific rather than general.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Le Paradis

Post by Le Paradis »

Andy from the Shire,

If you could please provide a link to the web ring you are citing, that'd be great.

I'm sure I and others will check it out and provide feedback.