FORUM DISCIPLINE WHEN POSTING AND REPLYING

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

FORUM DISCIPLINE WHEN POSTING AND REPLYING

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello fellow Feldgrauians!

This is something that has been nagging me for some time now... That several posts (to many) and replies are not placed under the right topic label on the Feldgrau Forum, and are sometimes blatantly off topic! I mean, please post whatever you want to post but please, try to do it in the right place! I think that we, the members must try to agree on two things:

1. Respect the Topic labelled areas in the Forum and try to make one's post more or less relevant to the given topic.

2. Respect the original question and/or theme in a post while replying to it. Too many replies to a post has gone seriously astray/off-topic!

The Feldgrau Forum is moderated very lightly by Jason Pipes and the other (few) moderators. I think that this is generally a good thing, allowing members alot of free space, but this mean that we members must take responsibility to be more disciplined when we participate with posts and replies. It's a great Forum with many very knowledgeable members with a genuine interest in the German side of WWII. Keep up the good work :D :D :D

With best regards, yours respectfully...

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: FORUM DISCIPLINE WHEN POSTING AND REPLYING

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:...but this mean that we members must take responsibility to be more disciplined when we participate with posts and replies.
You mean, perhaps, act like adults?

Good post, Herr Doktor! Now, if we can get some more people to take heed, we'll be good to go!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Do you mean someone especially? :shock:
*tries to look innocently*
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Have no fear M.H. :D The point I'm trying to make is more general in nature and hopefully will get members to think on, not so much what they post but why and where they post...
Naturally, I have more opinions about some Forum members than others and the quality/relevance of their posts but hey, haven't we all? It just irritates me when blatantly off-topic, or just plain stupid posts regularly appears on the Forum :evil:

So relax, my Berliner fellow member, and keep the good posts coming... :wink:

With best regards,

Krollspell
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Have no fear M.H. :D The point I'm trying to make is more general in nature and hopefully will get members to think on, not so much what they post but why and where they post...
Naturally, I have more opinions about some Forum members than others and the quality/relevance of their posts but hey, haven't we all? It just irritates me when blatantly off-topic, or just plain stupid posts regularly appears on the Forum :evil:

So relax, my Berliner fellow member, and keep the good posts coming... :wink:

With best regards,

Krollspell
Your comments are wasted on those to who they really apply. The vast majority of posters need neither lessons in civility or moderation.

However we all know that its the Flamers, Nationalists, Apologists and the plain trouble-makers who need to take heed. The lack of Moderation has been mentioned and its a horses for courses thing.

The AHF is over moderated for some or spot on for others, whilst others will complain that there's never a moderator around.

Feldgrau needs more Mods. Law-abiding posters on the whole will be just that, but if they percieve that they are getting a raw deal from a antagonist they will rightly hit back. That's when you start to lose members and credibility in the forum recede's
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Hello CY!

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I more or less agree with your point of view when you say that...
Your comments are wasted on those to who they really apply. The vast majority of posters need neither lessons in civility or moderation.
I just needed to make a statement, or state the obvious after getting more and more agitated over the last weeks. And yes, more active moderation is really needed but then again, it's not my Forum.
I really appreciate the Feldgrau Forum so I hope that the Forum's credibility don't receed... :shock:

With best regards,

Krollspell
munchener
Supporter

Like it or Lump it

Post by munchener »

You either like it or lump it is a well known saying here so whether civil or moderate get used to it Mate. :D Munchener
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: Like it or Lump it

Post by Tom Houlihan »

munchener wrote:... get used to it Mate.
Sadly, that's the kind of thing that's the problem. We shouldn't have to "get used to it." We shouldn't have to deal with this childish crap in the first place!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

I guess I'll have to thank you, Munchener, for that you so eloquently illustrate the point I'm trying to make in this thread...

Krollspell
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Hello Tom!

Thanks for your replies in this particular question/problem. It's always good to read some sane and balanced inputs, and I agree to 100%!

With best regards,

Krollspell
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Thanks for your replies in this particular question/problem. It's always good to read some sane and balanced inputs, and I agree to 100%!
You're quite welcome, especially since you're right! I guess that's why I gritted my teeth, and volunteered to be a moderator. I guess I figure I might as well get some use out of my body armor!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Tom!

Well, you definitely will get my vote for volunteering as a Moderator! :D Other members I would like to see for these assignments are Herr Awender and the Commissar... :wink:

Good luck Tom!

Krollspell
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Hmmm....seems there is a majority here for our future Moderators.
The wishlist now would contain:

Tom
The Commissar
C. Awender

I think it's a good choice and would help to improve the discussions.
(But remember to be nice to M.H.) :wink:

So...now... how do we get this list over to Jason?....Any volunteers? :shock:
AAA
Contributor

Post by AAA »

I agree the last two would make good admins but they are already moderators at AHF. The Commissar has stated in posts of becoming exhausted and disillusioned doing so.

Oddly, the moderators at AHF, by keeping the discussion somewhat moderated often seem to make the flames worse. With the exeption of a few complete idiots, that flames burn out more quickly on Feldgrau (or someone with nasty tendencies goes so far over the top he gets zapped with little warning).

Just as an example - the banned "Panzermahn" at AHF springs to mind - over 2000 posts with pro-nazi tendencies, must have been 100's of warnings (must have been like several daily) and after the final round of posts he gets banned .... for posting pretty much the same nazi fanboy stuff as in the previous 2000 posts.
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

Molobo and Obserwator got banned on AHF, and they carried on for quite a bit before a mod getting tired of it and giving them the boot. However, I know of this second hand from MH, so I wouldn't know exactly what they did or said. But there are a few zealots here as well, and I don't think I need to name names.