What happened to the Moderator thread?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Andy H
Associate

What happened to the Moderator thread?

Post by Andy H »

There was a thread here that was asking about having more Mods.
Where did it go? and if it was removed why?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

Deleted, by the Reasons of the Admin, Punkt.

We are the "Guests" in this Forum, accept this, and Herr Pipes very own "Rules", an Admin is "God", in any Forum.

Basta!

Michael
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

I have sent mr. Pipes a PM about deleting MY thread without telling me, but unfortunately I have not yet received a PM back, although I have sent it a long time ago...
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Anyone else have a reason for its deletion or a reply from
Jason?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

I would like to see C. Awender, Comissar, and a few other Users as Moderators, the "Veterans" in the Forum...

What is going on HERE, in the last 4-8 Weeks, this Place needs Morderation, by adult and knowing Users/Patrons!

Michael
knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

Very often, I do not like C. Awender for his arrogance all around, otherwise C. Awender is an Expert about WWII, from A-Z,

For a Moderator, Christoph Awender.

He will get my Vote!

Michael
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

knieptang wrote:Very often, I do not like C. Awender for his arrogance all around, otherwise C. Awender is an Expert about WWII, from A-Z,
There have been times when I've felt like maybe Christoph was coming off a shade arrogantly. Then I look at what he's dealing with.

He has done more research than most of us will have the opportunity to do. He has a considerable wealth of knowledge either in his brain, or at his fingertips. He has gone out of his way to share this information with people who ask (nicely!).

So, I usually understand his frustration when the 4,847,937th thread pops up about why the SS was better than the Heer, and how the SS always had better equipment. I understand (and have shared) his frustration with people who pop up here and ask a question, when they could have googled it, and come up with 100 links!

Arrogant? Nah, just peeved! Hell, I'd vote for him, too.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

David aka the Commisar was a Moderator in the past, but for reasons he decided not to remain as such.

Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Like Iwrote earlier,being a Moderator is like going in a hostile United Nations on a daily basis, and you will never please everyone and you will get little or no thanks for doing it. For what you mostly do goes unnoticed.

Also most Moderators are first & foremost researcher's or history buffs with the same time constraints and limited energy to devote to this interest as the rest of us. You come looking to enjoy your time by answering orposing a few questions, but you end up trying to seperate 2 petty individuals who are ruining things for others. Before you know where you are your times up, the wife's screaming for to get the car washed etc etc and you come hacked off and pissed off with the whole affair. Yet your expected to re-appear daily with a smile on your face etc and to be neutral, when all you really want to do is tell the flamers etc to take a running jump or just shut the @#% Up.

Rant over

knieptang
Enthusiast

Post by knieptang »

@ Tom

Okay, I am sorry for naming C.Awender "arrogant".
Arrogant? Nah, just peeved! Hell, I'd vote for him, too.
I agree!

Michael
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Its a pity that an answer from those that run this site hasn't been forthcoming

Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Sorry, what have I been missing? I've been WAY out of the loop. My current job is done this week Friday after which I am starting my new career - independent research analyst. This means I will have considerable more time to devote to the site once more since I will no longer be working at the law firm I am currently at.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

I am starting my new career - independent research analyst.
Great news Jason! Congratulations and it's good to have you "back" on the Forum... :D

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Paddy Keating

Post by Paddy Keating »

This forum doesn't need moderation or, rather, it doesn't need the kind of moderation some of you clearly have in mind! This isn't about improving Feldgrau! This is about taking over Jason Pipes' forum because you perceive him as absent a lot of the time and his website as ripe for the picking. You just want to move in and take it over.

Instead of criticising Jason Pipes' management of his website, which is significantly troublefree by comparison with the forum websites most of you frequent, why not just stay where you feel safe from people who might challenge you in open discussion or, better yet, go and start your own website with your very own Delete and Ban buttons?

Paddy Keating
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

Paddy Keating wrote:This forum doesn't need moderation or, rather, it doesn't need the kind of moderation some of you clearly have in mind! This isn't about improving Feldgrau! This is about taking over Jason Pipes' forum because you perceive him as absent a lot of the time and his website as ripe for the picking. You just want to move in and take it over.

Instead of criticising Jason Pipes' management of his website, which is significantly troublefree by comparison with the forum websites most of you frequent, why not just stay where you feel safe from people who might challenge you in open discussion or, better yet, go and start your own website with your very own Delete and Ban buttons?

Paddy Keating
This isn't about taking any site over but trying to preserve what many rightly see as a great resource.

Jason by his own admission has been busy doing paid work and thus some of the nutters that cruise the web have shown up here. Many of the average joe posters have raised concerns which have a right to be heard, because a Forum is the sum of its parts. Jason has asked in the past for more help and now some have stepped forward and offered to help.

Your hostility in your post is out of place. All sites, inc the vaunted MCF have problems and they all ban, edit and delete. You will never satisfy everyone but that shouldn't stop you from trying and asking for solutions to percieved (rightly or wrongly) negatives.