German basic and advanced training...sources of good info?

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Tiger lll

German basic and advanced training...sources of good info?

Post by Tiger lll »

Could any one one steer me in the direction of websites that might have detailed info on German training in 1940? Such as Doctrine, maneuvers, drills basically everything!!! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! Also what was the average length of Labor Service in 1940. Did enlisted trainees, or just Officer Korp candidates participate in the Labor Service? Locations of training facilities?
Thanks in advance.
-Tiger lll
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello

There is nothing on the web depicting the training of the german armed forces. I am doing research about this topic for my website but it will take long until this extremely complex topic is covered satisfactory.

\Christoph
tirola
Supporter

Post by tirola »

I would look for a "Reibert". The book that details the training for recruits and trainers. They come in all branches of the Heer. With Infantrie the most common of course.

They surface on ebay or sfb.at quite often. Make sure you get a war time edition as they are still being made for the Bundeswehr. :wink: