Organisation Todt

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
[email protected]

Organisation Todt

Post by [email protected] »

I seek the family of an Organisation Todt man who at approximately 5 or 6 pm on the 24th March 1945 in the Bochum area near Herbede protected an Australian airman from a civilian mob, thus saving his life. Four other crew members were some time later taken from soldiers under threat by the local ortsgruppenleiter, to be then shot by same person. We know of these things because of the moral courage of a young lady who later made it her business to inform the American troops who later entered Herbede of these matters. I would ilke to contact the Organisation Todt man who showed great moral courage, and in doing so restores the honor of the German peoples. We are writing a book that examines these matters, and this man should be recognised. We know the nome of the young woman, but are having trouble contacting her and her familiy, but at this point I consider it inappropriate to mention her name at this time.
The killers were caught and tried, so justice was served. I know that the airman Flight Sergeant Gillies RAAF would like to ensure that this man is recognised for his act of moral valour. We clearly understand the emotions of peolple who have death and destruction rained down on them, so this was even more so a moral victory for Germany in the face of those facts. Antworten auf Deutsch sind wilkommen auch. Veilen Dank
Bob Creelman
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

Did you try contacting a local newspaper? Maybe they can provide you with somemore info?

Alex D.