A big THANK YOU

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
David W
Patron

A big THANK YOU

Post by David W »

I have been a member of this excellent forum for exactly a year now.

During that time you guys have answered literally hundreds of my questions. I just want to take this opportunity to thank you all. Especially.........................

Abel
Alex
Dackel
Darrin
Golf33
Jan
Jason L
Jason M
Jerry
Kpp
Lorenz
Martin B
Martin S
Nigelfe
Paul
Patrick
Panzermayer
Pirx
Rich
Reb
Ron K
Roger G
Rudi
Shadow
Sid G
Sven W
Timo
Xavier

and the biggest thanks of all to

LEO N :!: :D (cos he answered as many as all the others put together)

Looking forward to the next 12 months. 8)

Cheers Dave.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Let me just creep in and say thanks to everyone as well, for making this a great site and a great, ever expanding forum! :D
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

David, thank you for reminding me - it's been my 1st Feldgrau birthday some 14 day ago too!! :D

I too would like to thank everybody here for all of their help and advices when I was seeking knowledge about this violent 6 years of the 20th century. Although I have no list of special thankses prepared I would just like to thank Jason Pipes for his warm reception when I made my first ever post on here. As for others - you know who you are!! :D

I look forward to new topics and discussions!

best regards,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Dackel Staffel
Associate

Post by Dackel Staffel »

Hi,

First I would say that I didn't know the guy named Nibelung because I don't want troubles with the police. Can I appeal the 5th amendment on this forum ? :D

To be serious thanks again to Jason for this free ( of speech) and free ( I mean money) forum. It costs to Jason :
- Money ( hosting the forum on the server)
- Time
- Headaches ( for the server's bug and all the damned things which don't work with computers)
- Patience
- Psychology
- Headaches, headaches and headaches for all the guys using this forum. Those damned fools are really impossible. :wink:

So long.
All we need it's a Dackel in each pocket
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

Dackel Staffel wrote:First I would say that I didn't know the guy named Nibelung because I don't want troubles with the police. Can I appeal the 5th amendment on this forum ? :D
The 5th amendment isn't valid for the inhabitanst of Fortress Europe :D ... and the cops try to get me but I don't care - I'm never there!

best,
Nibelung

P.S. I live in a car :D
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

A car with an internet connection :!: :wink: 8)
Dackel Staffel
Associate

Post by Dackel Staffel »

David W wrote:A car with an internet connection :!: :wink: 8)
Hi David,

No, Slovenia is so small that you can put it in the trunk of your car and if you hook a trailer you can call it a colony :D
To be serious, Slovenia is a nice country : sea, mountain, nice people...
Just a problem with all the new countries in Europe, it's their flags. Always I mix up Slovenia and Slovakia, Do I call them the Slovenvakia or the Slovakianevia ? :wink:

So long.
All we need it's a Dackel in each pocket
Uli
Enthusiast

Post by Uli »

I'd like to echo David's words and thank all of you for your contributions to this outstanding webpage. It's probably unnecessary for me to say that I derive a great deal of pleasure upon visiting here, and am quite grateful to find men who share similar historical interests. I think it safe to say that, even given the recent reemergence of international interest in the war, those of us who have spent our lives studying it remain somewhat rare.

I've an estranged sister who's 53 years old, for instance, and I'm rather embarrassed to report that--when I explain to her that I enjoy studying the German Army of WWII and, in particular, the war in the east--she oft replies: "What war in the east? Did Germany and Russia fight each other?"

As I said, it's rather embarrassing to report such ignorance on the part of a sibling, but in truth, that same ignorance is doubtless pervasive not only in America, but in the contemporary world-at-large, I'm afraid.

At any rate, my perpetual thanks to Jason and his moderators for making this page possible. Few days pass when I don't take time to acknowledge the privilege of visiting with those like HaEn and Rudi, those giant men who have tasted the dust of the arid steppe, those helmeted, stalwart men who've long inhabited the pages of our history books. I've known thousands of WWII veterans in my life, and the myriad lessons they've taught me will remain with me to my grave.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Uli wrote:As I said, it's rather embarrassing to report such ignorance on the part of a sibling, but in truth, that same ignorance is doubtless pervasive not only in America, but in the contemporary world-at-large, I'm afraid.
My brother was simply aghast when I told him that I've actually met and talked to SS veterans! All he knew was the Hysterical Channel's version of the war. I'm working on setting him straight! :wink:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!