NEW RESEARSH TOPIC WORLD WAR I???

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

NEW RESEARSH TOPIC WORLD WAR I???

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Jason, all Moderators and all members of this excellent Forum!

I've been browsing this site for some years and has just recently become a Forum Member. I really appreciate, and enjoy, all the information, questions and threads in this Forum. The wealth of knowledge is truly immense, as is the good will in sharing it!

Now to my question... I would like to see, as a topical researsh theme in this Forum, something about the First World War 1914-1918. I have several reasons for this request. First of all, This war is literally the birth place and cradle for the Second World War. Many historians regards the Twentieth Century as spanning between 1914 and the outbreak of WWI and 1991 when the Soviet Union and the Warzaw Pact collapsed.
Especially the two World Wars can be seen as two halves of the same war with an uneasy and instable period of peace/truce in between.

I have a general interest in the First World War and would like to deepen that together with persons with the same interest.

Can this be something for this Forum and Feldgrau???

Yours sincerely,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

If you have an interest in the First World War, you absolutely MUST read John Mosier's "Myth of the Great War." It is extensively researched and heavily footnoted (I read every one) and demonstrated to me that I knew nothing about WW I - and I thought I was pretty well educated.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello derGespenst!

Thank you for the book recommendation. I will look it up on Amazon. Still, my main question to this Forum still stands. Are there any interest for discussing Imperial Germany during World War One? It's army, navy and airforce committed on all fronts for four long years...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I think this is a fine idea, and will look into adding it soon. Thanks for the comments and ideas!!