Live Chat

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Spandau
Contributor

Live Chat

Post by Spandau »

Hello,

I don't really know how much trouble it would be, but wouldn't it be nice if there was a chat room for each of the subjects (Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, etc.) in addition to the forum?

So often I have a pressing question that I don't post to the Forum because I don't think it will be read or answered in time. Having chat would allow more information and conversation to take place at a more rapid pace. I know that there aren't always a lot of people online at once, but sometimes one is enough.

We could also possibly post meeting times to discuss a certain subject. i.e. "Saturday January 3rd we will be discussing Hans Rudel in the Luftwaffe Room at 10:00 Pacific standard time." There are a lot of people with a lot of ideas here, and a live discussion would be fantastic.

Of course, we run the risk of having obnoxious or disruptive people present, but that's no different than the forum.

So, this is just a thought, but it may just work out.

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

What on earth could be so pressing for a subject more than 60 years old that the forum won't answer it "in time"? Geduld muß man haben.
Brian67
Banned

Post by Brian67 »

derGespenst wrote:What on earth could be so pressing for a subject more than 60 years old that the forum won't answer it "in time"? Geduld muß man haben.
Good point, derGespenst 8) 8)
http://www.panzergrenadierregiment63.de.vu
http://www.3ss.totenkopf.de.vu

Die Dummheit des Menschen und das Universum sind unendlich; wobei ich mir beim Universum nicht ganz sicher bin! (Albert Einstein)
Spandau
Contributor

Post by Spandau »

derGespenst wrote:What on earth could be so pressing for a subject more than 60 years old that the forum won't answer it "in time"?.
Thank you derGespenst for expressing your views concerning my suggestion.

I quite frequently give speeches and write papers about the German military. In the process of writing a paper or preparing a speech, new questions come to light. Reports, (at least my own) are composed in a chronological fashion that allow the reading or oration to flow well. I hate to come across a gap in my knowledge as it results in a gap in my fluency. Lacking adequate resources to find the information immediately, I typically leave out the detail that I consider important to my piece. I am AR sometimes (You have proved yourself to be so as well! :wink: ) and having to gloss over something bothers me greatly. Yes, I can return to the paper at a later date and fill in the piece of information, but by that time the deadline will likely have passed.

Now, I know that I will have a pressing question now and again that nobody present can answer, but there are reasons for live chat besides my impatience.

-Spandau
If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.