Update to Beobachtungsabteilung

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Andreas
Supporter

Update to Beobachtungsabteilung

Post by Andreas »

Not sure if this is the right forum for it. Beobachtungsabteilung is a project I have been working on for a while. It is about my grandfather who served in B30 and then B26 in Poland, France, and Russia. He commanded a flash ranging post in the Mga, Kirischi and Leningrad sectors, until wounded during the retreat to the Panther line in late February 1944. He is still alive, and will turn 89 next year.

The site contains not only personal pictures, but also a lot of information on German counter-battery practice. Please let me know if you come across any errors.

I hope the site is of interest to some.

Here is the list of updated items:

9th November
Text and map on observation systems of B49 near Woronesh, B17 near Yelnia, and B30 in the Erika Aisle added. In future updates I want to publish more of the information from Froben, I would be interested to see how useful people think it is.

New pictures in the unknown soldier section added, also found information on location of the soldier's unit. This needs to be made modem friendly now - on my 'To do' list.

New page with gun information added.

New pictures in Russia section added

New pictures in Training section added

Scanned information on vehicles, personnel strength, and OOB of Beobachtungsabteilungen added as links on the Organisation page.

New book recommendations added.

Some errata and new information added

I hope you find something there you like. With the new design, it has become easy for me to update the site, and I will hopefully add some more pictures over the next few weeks.

All the best,

Andreas
xavier
Contributor

Post by xavier »

nice site indeed andreas!!!
besides, I had never seen before a picture of a narrow-gauge german rail line ont he front (wolchow express).

Xavier
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Constant practice devoted to one subject often outdues both intelligence and skill:
Cicero
duncan
Supporter

beobachteilung

Post by duncan »

Hi Andreas
Sent you an email - don't know if you got it.
Very interested in your work. Can you email me, please so I can discuss some points with you.
Thanks
Duncan
[email protected]