THE FORUM HEROES--REVENGE!!!

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Forum Heroes: Revenge

Post by Rosselsprung »

It really isn't offending Commisar, I was just surprised there was a section about "nocturnal exercise" in a Forum Heroes story. You really didn't have to edit it out, and it really doesn't matter to me if it's in there. It must be a first though. :wink:

As for Hansen, he's got his hands full with the Russians and a wounded leg. It wouldn't be in his best interests to strike a superior officer. 8)
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

I was just surprised there was a section about "nocturnal exercise" in a Forum Heroes
Ha! You should have seen some of the earlier Tales!!! Say, did you ever hear of Ost Perversia or the S.S. Barbie/Dahl Brigade?

HMM! Hansen vs. Rosselsprung......has potential......

Best,
~D, the EviL :wink:
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

Ha! You should have seen some of the earlier Tales!!! Say, did you ever hear of Ost Perversia or the S.S. Barbie/Dahl Brigade?
Considering how the first one sounds, I think you should put it back in! Along with a little more, for spice. :D If Hansen can get some action on the frozen Russian wastes, Rosselsprung would need some too, even if it's in a bedroom years before the story even begins! :wink:
HMM! Hansen vs. Rosselsprung......has potential......
Ohhh, I'm shivering in my black panzer uniform. I hope the big, strong SS man who got into fight with AA Arajs doesn't beat me to pulp....

Well, if you can come up with a sensible reason why an SS Sturmmann and a Wehrmacht Major should get into fight, you have truly mastered this art!
M.H.
Patron

Re: Forum Heroes: Revenge

Post by M.H. »

Rosselsprung wrote: Ohhh, I'm shivering in my black panzer uniform. I hope the big, strong SS man who got into fight with AA Arajs doesn't beat me to pulp....
Well....you should! :shock:
Rosselsprung wrote: Well, if you can come up with a sensible reason why an SS Sturmmann and a Wehrmacht Major should get into fight, you have truly mastered this art!

Maybe David should put it to his notes for later use?
Don't want to put to much pressure onto poor devil Commisssar! :wink:
Commissar D, the Evil

Eh guys, that's actually not as difficult as it sounds. Remember there are times when rank doesn't mean much.

But, at the moment shouldn't you two be a bit more worried about the Russians?

Best Regards,
David
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

The Knight's Cross mit Bling? What's next? Beppo rolling across Russia with spinners on his Tiger's wheels, his RK mit bling on a gold chain, "Beppo's ride" in gold plated letters on the side of the Tiger, and a radio blasting the rap-version of the Panzerlied across the battlefield?
Well he is the Führer of the hood. David knows what I'm talking about. :wink:
daft

Post by daft »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Thanks Guys, I appreciate the support. I have a question though. Am I correct in sensing that folks enjoy the serious parts much more than the humorous parts? I'm really curious about this. There seems to be more reaction to the combat scenes than to the lighter sections of the story.

Best Regards,
David
I think the mix of humour and seriousness makes your stories so readable. Had it been a real paper novel, I would probably have preferred a heavier leaning towards one or the other. Reading large blocks of text on a screen can be a bit demanding sometimes, but your perfect balance between the humorous parts and the more serious stuff keeps me on my toes at all times. I love it! :)
daft

Post by daft »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Eh guys, that's actually not as difficult as it sounds. Remember there are times when rank doesn't mean much.

But, at the moment shouldn't you two be a bit more worried about the Russians?

Best Regards,
David
Why should they? After all, Paum is on their side, isn't he? :wink:
Commissar D, the Evil

REVENGE Part Eleven

“Let’s see, Iron Cross First Class one day, suicide mission the next–don’t you just love Russia?” Heinrich Paum prided himself on being a realist, but it was times like this when reality became a bit too much to swallow. He tapped a finger on the Iron Cross. For some reason it bothered him as well. It sounded hollow. “Turn left here”, he ordered the Panzer’s driver.
Paum’s column of six Panzer IVs and ten half-tracks found itself diverting from route after route to avoid being caught up in the masses of men and vehicles fleeing into Ivanograd. Rosselsprung had sent him to patch a hole in the front, he hadn’t bothered to mention that there might not be a front.
After a few hundred meters they ran into another traffic jam. Several trucks were overturned ahead. Paum lifted the commander’s hatch and stuck his head out of the turret to see better. A high velocity anti-tank round whistled past his hand, carrying the hatch away with it.
“Damn!” Paum leaped to the floor of the turret as his gunner squeezed a round off in response.
A semi-circle of anti-tank guns opened up, but Paum’s driver had already shifted into reverse. The Panzer IV behind them reversed as well and fired on the closest muzzle flash. Paum yelled over the command frequency for everyone to get off the road and an intense firefight began.

Southwest of Ivanograd, Tom doggedly followed the Russian mechanized units as they drove West then North without opposition. Tom’s armored car hung on their tails, reporting their position every half hour. At nightfall the Russians stopped and set up a defensive perimeter.
Tom’s Sd. Kfz. 232 flitted back and forth, ghostlike, as he fed the 585th a steady stream of information.
After a while, when it was clear that the Russians were in for the night, Tom settled back in the turret and dozed off. He was awakened by a pair of headlights approaching the camp at midnight. Tom recognized the profile of the brown truck. It stopped and a brown-uniformed man got out carrying a large cardboard box.
“Damn Soviet Union Parcel,” Tom swore softly. “Hell, I guess it’s true, UPS will deliver anywhere at anytime.”
A stocky Commissar carried the box to a tent in the camp and disappeared inside.

Commissar Petrovich’s effusiveness annoyed Colonel Sonofovich as much as being forced to drink vodka toasts at midnight on a weekday while on duty. Valery had been pretty hard on Commissar D for being a teetotaler, now he was being treated to the other end of the spectrum and he didn’t like that much either.
But Petrovich was so happy he ignored Valery’s displeasure. Major Luposky had ben routed out of bed as well and was still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
Petrovich handed them both glasses as he unwrapped the package and retrieved the “special equipment” from its covering of plastic peanuts. Valery amused himself by popping the bubblewrap as Petrovich set it up.
An aide brought in a hook-up to a field generator and Petrovich plugged the machine in.
“You’ve got to see the picture on this and the reception!” Petrovich said gleefully. “My friends in the NKVD call this a D.V.D.–a Deutsches Violator Detector.”
A fuzzy blue screen popped on. Superimposed on the screen was a map of the surrounding region. Tiny black crosses appeared on the map.
“These crosses,” Petrovich explained, “they mark the location of the Germans whose medals we modified. The tiny radio receivers we put into the medals are broadcasting their whereabouts.”
Valery looked at the screen, it was actually pretty interesting. It showed a large group of black crosses at the known position of the 585th Really Heavy Panzer Battalion. There was a small group of them much further to the North. Colonel Sonofovich touched the DVD screen at this point, quite unaware that he had Oberfeldwebel Paum in the palm of his hand.
Petrovich would have given a further demonstration of the machine, but at that point Comrade Rebsky poked his head into tent. Petrovich hurried over to him and they exchanged whispers.
Petrovich then excused himself, grabbed his coat and left muttering about some “very important duty to the Motherland” he had to attend to immediately.

Puzzled by the emergence of a Soviet Staff Car from the Russian camp at 1:00 in the morning, Tom decided to follow it in his armored car.
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

>>"...“These crosses,” Petrovich explained, “they mark the location of the Germans whose medals we modified. The tiny radio receivers we put into the medals are broadcasting their whereabouts.” "<<

*gapes* :shock:
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote: Am I correct in sensing that folks enjoy the serious parts much more than the humorous parts?
Actually, David, I would have to say that your sense is incorrect. I enjoy some of the more well-written parts more than others, regardless of humor or pathos. The key is the writing. While I have enjoyed all the FH stories, you seemed to have been more "in the groove" for some passages than others. Does that make sense?
Say, did you ever hear of Ost Perversia or the S.S. Barbie/Dahl Brigade?
OMG!!! :D :!: Man, if you find a way to legitimately work Barbie/Dahl into this story, then you truly are a genius!!!
The tiny radio receivers we put into the medals are broadcasting their whereabouts.
Awwww, sh*t!!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Locke
Supporter

Post by Locke »

Tom wrote:
Say, did you ever hear of Ost Perversia or the S.S. Barbie/Dahl Brigade?
OMG!!! :D :!: Man, if you find a way to legitimately work Barbie/Dahl into this story, then you truly are a genius!!!
Heh, what about Operation Titmouse

And for David - great story, as always

I wasn't at home last week and I forced my brother to print out Betrayal so I was able to read it :D

Best,
schwester Locke
Tod sekla bridka bodo jekla in ti mi bos krvava tekla,
kri nasa te pojila bo, sovrazna te kalila bo!
Simon Gregorcic: Soci
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

OK...this is getting serious!! :D:D

I can't wait to see how Hauptman Nibelung will be able to bring his 585th Really Heavy Panzer Battalion another dashing victory... ;)

Great story David! :D:D

best,
Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
AAA
Contributor

Post by AAA »

Rosselsprung had sent him to patch a hole in the front, he hadn't bothered to mention that there might not be a front.
I have had nightmares like this sometimes. That no safe flank feeling. :(

Transmitters in the EK's - oh the bastards, devilishly clever them commies, is nothing sacred?. Now the plot has thickened, and once again I have no clue where its heading anymore.... :D
Rosselsprung
Enthusiast

Post by Rosselsprung »

No wonder the Russians won the war. Panthers? Tigers? Pah! Fear our D.V.D's!

Just a suggestion about the "fight" between Hansen and Rosselsprung:

Perhaps it could be one of those confused clashes in the dark. When the battalion comes to the positions of Hansen's men and finds them empty, Rosselsprung and Nibelung enter one of the bunkers. Hansen, wounded and quite paranoid and aggresive from fending off the Soviet offensive, starts punching the first person he sees because he's unarmed, not realizing it's Rosselsprung. Nibelung turns on a light and the fight stops.

I hope you take it, D. :D After all, now you won't need to think up an elaborate situation that would make a clash of wills between the two, and MH gets to try to whale the tar out of the person who called him "not so tough". It's a win-win situation! :wink: