Liebstandarte to Africa?

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

More units especially armoured units would have made it even more difficult to supply the Afrikan theater of operation. Even those forces present in reality were constantly undersupplied.

\Christoph
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich
Supporter

Post by 2nd SS Panzer Das Reich »

Christoph Awender wrote:
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich wrote:The 1st SS Panzer Division "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" could have made the defeat of the Afrika Korps impossible. These SS Panzer Divisions (like Das Reich, Totenkopf, and Leibstandarte) where hardcore fighting elites from the Eastern front.

they would have been a great tool in the hands of Erwin Rommel and most likely would have driven the Allies out of Africa. Once into Egypt they could wipe out the British 8th Army and begain a drive into the middle east, and seccessfully cuting off the lease lend supply line threw the middle east and giving Germany a endless supply of oil and yet another front from which to assault the USSR.
This statement shows your total lack of knowledge about WW2 and general military issues. I blame that on your young age but please spare this RESEARCH forum with such childish, ridiculous statements.

\Christoph
Im sorry but if you want to play that game I will be more than happy... You can blame it on my age. However I find it sad I know more about this WW2 than you do. I can say that you are most likely growing very old... maybe what you used to know is leaking from your brain.

What do you have to disprove my statement? I have a history book and video that say: yes lease lend supplies were going threw africa.
The truth to the matter is the USSR should not even have been invaded until Africa was taken and if you want info on the Afircan campaign enjoy the link.

http://www.fact-index.com/d/de/deutshes ... korps.html

Oh ya I don't see a "ingore" icon on the screen please anyone point me to it I am really bored of reading this guys trash...
Wehrmacht: men of courage
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

Once again the link you provide does not work. Perhaps you care to comment on the many corrections we made to the errors in your statements before you continue on your set course. And perhaps you should click the "www" button in Christopher's messages instead of looking for an ignore function before you claim to know more about WW2 than him.

I told you before: LSSAH trained for deployment in Africa during refitting in Metz (late 1940 - early 1941), so a) Those units were no Panzerdivisions at that time. LSSAH for example was an Infanterie-Brigade (mot.) and b) There was no Eastern Front at that time so "hardcore fighting elites from the Eastern front" were non-existant.

Whatever "a book" and "a video" tell you.
Former member
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Im sorry but if you want to play that game I will be more than happy... You can blame it on my age. However I find it sad I know more about this WW2 than you do. I can say that you are most likely growing very old... maybe what you used to know is leaking from your brain.
I don´t just blame it on your age. I also blame it on your attitude to think you know everything and know very little in fact.

What do you have to disprove my statement? I have a history book and video that say: yes lease lend supplies were going threw africa.
The truth to the matter is the USSR should not even have been invaded until Africa was taken and if you want info on the Afircan campaign enjoy the link.
I cannot disprove your ridiculous, fantasy statement. Again you show total ignorance of military knowledge when you think that a single division could have made a change in the African campaign.
Ohhh you think the lend lease supplies ran through Afrika?? I give you good advice... throw this history book and video into the trash!

\Christoph
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

2SSPDR: At the age of 15 you come stumbling into a forum that has a wide variety of members who have researched WW2 in detail over the last decades, you make some postings that are clearly not based on any knowledge about these matters and when we point out your mistakes or ask for more information to back up your theories you react by claiming that we're poor historians who, unlike yourself, don't understand WW2 history. Think about it 2SSPDR. Don't you agree that you might perhaps (at thats just free advise) just be better off by accepting our opinions and knowledge, ask more questions and discuss those things you think are wrong? You might actually learn from it.

Regards,
Timo
Former member
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich
Supporter

Christoph Awender wrote:
I don´t just blame it on your age. I also blame it on your attitude to think you know everything and know very little in fact.

I cannot disprove your ridiculous, fantasy statement. Again you show total ignorance of military knowledge when you think that a single division could have made a change in the African campaign.
Ohhh you think the lend lease supplies ran through Afrika?? I give you good advice... throw this history book and video into the trash!

\Christoph
oops not Africa middle east!
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich
Supporter

Timo wrote:2SSPDR: At the age of 15 you come stumbling into a forum that has a wide variety of members who have researched WW2 in detail over the last decades, you make some postings that are clearly not based on any knowledge about these matters and when we point out your mistakes or ask for more information to back up your theories you react by claiming that we're poor historians who, unlike yourself, don't understand WW2 history. Think about it 2SSPDR. Don't you agree that you might perhaps (at thats just free advise) just be better off by accepting our opinions and knowledge, ask more questions and discuss those things you think are wrong? You might actually learn from it.

Regards,
Timo
Im not some kind of super feldmarshall (I wish I was). I hope to better understand World War II. I just realized I sound Hitler who thought he was a military mastermind and turned a derf ear to his generals who knew more than he did (or at least should have. This mistake led to the distruction of his "1000 Reich"!

Their is much rescearch to be done on World War II. Why armies won and why armies failed. In order to win a war (this is just what I think) one has to find what his army has going for it and what the enemy has. You must use what your army is better in remove the advanges of your enemy.
BIGDICKSAMTHEHISTORYMAN

Post by BIGDICKSAMTHEHISTORYMAN »

Correct me if I am wrong but there were zero Waffen-SS units deployed to Africa, right?
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

Hey, B.D.S.- how about changing that name? Not to sound snooty, but do you really think it belongs on a historical research forum?

~ Mike
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
Liam
Enthusiast

Post by Liam »

Getting back to the main topic: why would it be such a big deal if LSSAH went to Africa or not? Surely the Afrika Corps was one of the best German formations of that period anyway? The SS had some good units but were they better than the 21st or 15th Panzer. I don't think so!
Hitler...there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in ONE afternoon! TWO coats!! Mel Brooks, The Producers
BIGDICKSAMTHEHISTORYMAN

Michael Miller / ABR wrote:Hey, B.D.S.- how about changing that name? Not to sound snooty, but do you really think it belongs on a historical research forum?

~ Mike
I am OK with it.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Sounds like a case of "computer terminal over-compensation" to me...... :shock:

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
BIGDICKSAMTHEHISTORYMAN

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Sounds like a case of "computer terminal over-compensation" to me...... :shock:

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Isn't this a "a historical research forum"?

If so Commissar, quit salivating over my appendage and get to the "researchin".
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Heh Heh! Funny answer BDSTHM. Hell, I actually chuckled. Maybe you will add a slight "amusement value" to the forum.

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
BIGDICKSAMTHEHISTORYMAN

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:
Heh Heh! Funny answer BDSTHM. Hell, I actually chuckled. Maybe you will add a slight "amusement value" to the forum.

Cheers,
~D, the EviL
that was the intent....