Ostfront 1944

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Jagdtiger
Supporter

Ostfront 1944

Post by Jagdtiger »

I´ve recently gotten myself a GERMAN (wow) book with the title "Ostfront 1944" by mr. Ritgen. I´m not good in German at all and I had many difficulties reading this book but it´s really a cool piece. Has anyone else read this book? I´d enjoy do hear your opinions!

P.S.: GOD DAMN BUSH!
Gott mit uns!
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

JadTiger

Is cursing Bush really appropriate in this forum? I'm not crazy about him either, in fact I don't like either of them, but I question putting that out there.

Reb
Wiking5th
Contributor

Post by Wiking5th »

I agree with you Reb. Was a rather unusal outburst for this forum. That is one thing I have always liked about Feldgrau is the high standards of expression that is typical here.

Wiking5th
Jagdtiger
Supporter

Post by Jagdtiger »

You may like it or not but I´m just expressing whom I trust!!! I ain´t cursing anyone! I feel that it is my right as an American citizen to say that I do not trust him. If you don´t like it - don´t read it! :D
Gott mit uns!
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

You ust have missed your own PS.

"If you don´t like it - don´t read it!" I'll make it apoint not to.

Reb
Groscurth
Contributor
Location: Couloir Gervasuti,east side of Mont Blanc du Tacul.

Post by Groscurth »

[quote="Reb"]JadTiger

Is cursing Bush really appropriate in this forum? I'm not crazy about him either, in fact I don't like either of them, but I question putting that out there.

Reb[/quote]

I think he has the right to post any quote in that style. I saw worse things on Feldgrau (rember KGM and all his alliases aso)
-"Two things are unendless: the universe and human stupidity. But I am not so sure about the universe" Einstein
-Question: "Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?" Answer: "To prevent the sensible ones from going home!" Anonymous
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

I did not refer to rights. How obsessed we are with imagined 'rights' these days. The question is manners.

Reb
Helmut
Patron

Re: Ostfront 1944

Post by Helmut »

Jagdtiger wrote:I´ve recently gotten myself a GERMAN (wow) book with the title "Ostfront 1944" by mr. Ritgen. I´m not good in German at all and I had many difficulties reading this book but it´s really a cool piece. Has anyone else read this book? I´d enjoy do hear your opinions!
OK, getting back to the original topic. I have never heard of this book Where did you get it? I, always up for a good eastern front book.

Regards,

Helmut
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Helmut

And I'd add to your question - is that the same Ritgen who wrote a book a book about Pz Lehr?

cheers
Reb
Guenter Kiessling

Post by Guenter Kiessling »

Helmut Ritgen wrote "Westfront 1944". There are two books "Ostfront 1944": Buchner, Alex, 1988, 2003 and Hinze, Rolf , 2004. Hinze also wrote the history of the 19. Pz. Div., esp. with the Battle of Bautzen.
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

I think Guenter's right, Ritgen wrote Westfront 44 and Hinze Ostfront 44 both published by Motor Verlag.

I've got several other titles published by Motor, which I think are pretty good, and am considering adding the Ostfront one to my collection, so I'd also be interested in any comments.
Regards

Howard