Handbook of German Military Forces

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

DasReichX
Supporter

Handbook of German Military Forces

Post by DasReichX »

I just bought this book last night, it is BY FAR, the best book I have. I am really excited to see that the books contains so much detail, such as, how mines are laid for defenses! It is incredible! Their is one other book like it for Japan; I just wish that it were available for all other countries, too!
DasReich.X
Mark
JeffF,
Supporter

Also highly recommend

Post by JeffF, »

These are both excellent books. You should bear in mind though that these are reprints of documents for WWII, intended to give commanders and staff's a background of information on the organization of their enemies. They contain the errors that the respective INTEL services made in assessing the organizations. BTW Ian Hogg's German Army Order of Battle 1944 is also a WWII INTEL product, it's good, but has the same errors of the time.

The German Army HB is a good basis forunderstanding German Army organization and doctrine. The difficulty is that German Army organization was a constantly "moving target" particularly 1944 when the panzer division organization, for example, seemed to change every couple months.