German Vets in Central California?

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

DasReichX
Supporter

German Vets in Central California?

Post by DasReichX »

Are their any in the area that you may know about? I would be happy to know about them and possibly interview them in the future.
DasReich.X
Mark
dmv

Post by dmv »

hi..
i used to work with a guy, [who has since gone on ltd] whose father and uncle both served in the Eastern Front, and they both live in Hayward,
i haven't talked to this guy in about 2 yrs, so i don't know if his father and uncle are still alive, my friend is married to a Ukrainian girl and her mother lives with them, which to me is kinda strange since his father/uncle fought in that part of the country, what part of centrla california do you live in ?
also they will not talk about their venture, i tried myself, since i'm very interested in that part of the war...
thanks
dave
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

I've had a similar problem. I once dated a girl many years ago whose father was in the Hitlerjugend on the Eastern front. Her mother lived in East Prussia and their family was forcibly removed from her home immediately after the war. I tried a couple times to ask them about their experiences, but they'd only shake their heads and say "The war is over."

After all those years, those things were still too painful to talk about. I wish I had been more sensitive to that at the time so I wouldn't have been so insistent on asking.
Cheers,

Patrick

When I was single, I had three theories on raising children. Now I have three children and no theories.