Blanket roll, could they have a camo pattern?

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Daryl

Blanket roll, could they have a camo pattern?

Post by Daryl »

Hi All

Could blanket rolls issued to the Waffen-SS have had a camo pattern, or were they only grey... actually what colours can a blanket roll be?

If anyone could take the time and just look at this pic of a figure I painted.. should I not paint anymore more with camo schemes?

http://mysite.freeserve.com/bkpainting/ ... _index.htm

I assume it is some sort of blanket roll or am I totaly wrong there?

yes and I know the camo scheme on the smocks aint exactly correct either.

While im here I asked this in the uniform forum but have got no answers yet.. Could camo smocks issued to Officers have had shoulder boards attached, or could an officer take the iniative and attach some himself?

Thx for your time and any help would be appriecated...

Regards

Daryl
Daryl

Shoulder board issue resolved

Post by Daryl »

Had help with the shoulder baords.. just the blank roll's still to go.

Daryl
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

I guess that you could get away with it.

regards
Paul Hanson
Contributor

Kavallerie blanket roll

Post by Paul Hanson »

I couldn't find any photos definitively showing a camo roll on the back of the saddle, but I agree with D. There is no reason that a trooper can't have wrapped his roll with a zeltbahn to protect it. But I wouldn't paint every trooper that way.

PH
Daryl

thx guys

Post by Daryl »

Its funny I was watching a Video I have previously taped from the History channel concerning the battle of the bulge, A collection of waffen-SS guys walked past the camera man and everyone of them had a camo scheme on there blanket roll..The same pattern that was on there smocks

Now I know its not 100% accurate to say these guys had anything to do with the battle of the bulge as you see the same footage shown on many programmes, but at least that partly answers the question..

Anyway thanks again for any help..

Regards

Daryl
Daryl

thx guys

Post by Daryl »

Its funny I was watching a Video I have previously taped from the History channel concerning the battle of the bulge, A collection of waffen-SS guys walked past the camera man and everyone of them had a camo scheme on there blanket roll..The same pattern that was on there smocks

Now I know its not 100% accurate to say these guys had anything to do with the battle of the bulge as you see the same footage shown on many programmes, but at least that partly answers the question..

Anyway thanks again for any help..

Regards

Daryl
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

As Paul previously said, the men had probably wrapped their zeltbahns around their blankets.

regards