Jew build-up in Palestine before and during W.W. II

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Enrico Cernuschi
Patron

Post by Enrico Cernuschi »

Hello Sid,
as I said before I don't believe that the various Governments were, in the Thirties (or today too) so dumb to be unable to monitor the smuggling of thousands of rifles.
The clandestine coming of tens of thousand of people in a decade is a matter but to buy, disguise and introduce such an amount of weapons in a county of very low military intensity like the Palestine of the Thirties (at least until the Arab revolt of 1936-1939) garroisoned as it was by only a lone under strenght British Brigade of infantry, was such an enterprise to need the help of a government, I think. No Spectre was anle of such a work and no government, again, would allow a Spectre to act in this way.
Colonial rivality was an allowed activity (an example, the Great Muftì of Jerusalem, the famous Hitler personal ally of the Second World War was a guest of the French Government in Syria after the 1936 revolt until late 1938. Paris and London were informal allies against Italy and Germany since June 1936 but in the M.E. strategical rivality was a fair game practicted by all). The impact of clandestine weapons for the jew community was a much more serious offence against the British power in Middle East. Who dared to help the jews to threat such a menace?

Bye EC

PS Any further detail about the a.m. Italian spy in Palestine would be interesting. EC