ss signet ring

German uniforms, clothing, and awards 1919-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

colin

ss signet ring

Post by colin »

:?:
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me. I have recently come into possesion of what i believe is a ss signet ring. Can anyone help me.
The ring its self has the Totenkopf insignia in the middle with "meine ehre" on one side and on the other "heißt treue". On the inside of the ring are a set of ss sigrunes set in a rhombus and the other side i am assuming the initials of the holder.D.R.G.M. If it is one what were they given out for.
Thanks in anticipation
Danny
Contributor

Post by Danny »

Any chance of posting a picture, that could help to ID.

Otherwise take a look at http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com

Regards

Danny
park ranger

SS Signet Ring

Post by park ranger »

I believe the initials DRGM may be a manufacturer's mark. I once owned a WWI wound badge with those initials stamped into the back, and on a hanger for an SA Dagger.
Ernst-H
Supporter

Post by Ernst-H »

D.R.G.M is the German Patent mark.

now why would somebody have a patent on a Ring :shock: .....that doesn't make any sence.

Next to that these deathshead rings have come out of eastern-europe in huge numbers..............they are being made there, fantasy pieces,....to fool the unsuspecting collector.
colin

ss signet ring

Post by colin »

:?
thanks for all the quick answers, although i am still a little unsure. Ernst is correct since the early 90`s a lot of imitation stuff has flooded the market.
The ring i originally acquired in the mid 80`s before the eastern european market opened up. The reason i have just come across it again is as my other half is German, and found my interest a wee bit macabre.
Also the ring has been cut, and i don`t mean to offend anyone here but were tend to lend to the theory that the original owner was forcibly dispossed.I shall endeavour to get an image of the ring up loaded in the near furure and apologise if this sound all to much like lord of the rings.