OOB and TOE US ARMY DIVISIONS IN MEDITERRANEAN CAMPAIGN

The Allies 1939-1945, and those fighting against Germany.

Moderator: John W. Howard

diciassette2000

OOB and TOE US ARMY DIVISIONS IN MEDITERRANEAN CAMPAIGN

Post by diciassette2000 »

:?: :?:

Hi

I research infos on the exact composition ,To&e , etc.... of the american infantry and armoured division that fought in the mediterranean theatre before 1944 (Torch landing, Tunisia campaign, Sicily and Salerno landing.....). I am very interested to reconnaisance, AT and tank companies and battalion strenght and vehicles allocation. All notices are welcomed!!!!
Thankyou very much
militaryhistorywriter
Supporter

Order Of Battle

Post by militaryhistorywriter »

Dear Board Member,
You may want to look up Captain Shelby L. Stanton's outstanding book entitled, U.S.Army World War II Order Of Battle. It will contain all the information you are looking for. It is now out of print but has been re-issued and you also may obtain a copy in your Reference Section of your library. May God Bless-Major Robert A. Lynn, USMCR
JeffF.
Contributor

Please use a Library copy of Stanton's book

Post by JeffF. »

It is an excellent work, well researched and useful to WWII historians. Stanton himself has no honor as a man and a soldier. He has claimed honors, awards and participation in combat that he never actually was a part of (see the book Stolen Valor). It would be wrong from him to further profit from those claims.

His research into his books seems to be reliable.
militaryhistorywriter
Supporter

Comments On Shelby L. Stanton

Post by militaryhistorywriter »

Dear Jeff,
I know both men, Stanton on a personal basis and Burkett from both talking to him and reviewing 'Stolen Valor'. First, you need to be corrected on Stanton. Burkett, a financial analyst for Prudential-Bache (when I last talked to him), doesn't care for Stanton because of the extensive work he has done in regards to military history. So, Burkett and a former female reporter (her name escapes me right now) made a number of accusations that caused both the U.S. Army CID and FBI to look into regarding Stanton and after thousands of taxpayer dollars, time, and effort (almost 2years); both agencies came up with only one thing-that Stanton rated another decoration from the U.S. Army. I saw parts of the report and there was nothing to Burkett's and the former female reporter's accusations. Second, I did review 'Stolen Valor' and found it full of errors which I sent to Burkett but as of today (4 February 2004), I haven't received a response from him or his female co-author. His exposing of fake veterans is fine but one must remember that during the Vietnam War many soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen were processed out so quickly that many didn't receive the decorations and awards they were properly entitled to. Yes, he did expose fakes but these were very obvious when you began to talk to them. I turned 19 in Vietnam with the U.S. Marine Corps and it took almost three years for them to correct my SRB or Service Record Book. I'm still finding mistakes in regards to other awards that I'm supposed to have received. But not to worry, the mistakes are still going on today as we speak. The company clerks and the administration chief are supposed to ensure that your military record is accurate and up-to-date but it never happens. But they insure that they have all their awards and decorations in order before they are discharged or retired. May God Bless-Major Robert A. Lynn, USMCR